My step daughter is just 6 years old and is often left alone with her 3 year old sister while her mom and mom's boyfriend leave to go where ever!

1. She was reported to childrn's protective services

2. nothing has come of it yet, and i hear all the time how this is dealt with almost immediatley.

3. She told her dad's aunt who lives in the apt below them she reported them and the mother came running downstairs after she found out she told her and like an idiot said..." my daughter ratted me out, i have done it before and nothing has ever happened." she does things like this all the time she is always telling on herself.

4. We are at our wits end with child protective services for their failure to step up and help. not only has she left them alone but she often lets her 8 year old beatup on her severly and when we pick her up on weekends she constantly has headlice and is filthy to the point she smells like a dead body.

5. we told her yesterday the next time she is home alone to call 911, we have also called the lawyer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If a child's health or safety is in jeparody which it clearly sounds like it is, than you need to call the police if child services is dicking around. A 6 year old is NOT old enough to be left at home alone...I don't care what anyone else says. If your stepdaughter has lice and smells than that probably means they aren't giving her baths or taking care of her properly. If I was you, next time you know she is home alone, I would call the police. They will come and investigate themselves and they have a better pull on child services to get involved.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You need to hire an attorney and go after custody.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:52 PM on May. 9, 2009

• hey this is blendedmommy009 this is my question lol my goofy ass hit anon. by mistake. it has been a week. I told her dad my so the next time anything happens no matter how small it may seem to others i am calling the police and taking amy to them so she can report it with me it is insanity. dcfs is suppose to protect our kids but they just dick around and play games. they have been in amy and her moms life forever and still nothing gets done. i would love to take amy and run away to protect her but i know i cant it all has to be legally dealt with but when it comes to our kids things she be done faster and with diligence.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 12:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Call 911

Answer by rkoloms at 1:10 PM on May. 9, 2009