• In the Spotlight:

is it normal for me to be passing out when im pregnant

Im 31 wks now and i have had this problem before i got pregnant. But it has been getting alot worse this past month or so. I have been passing out 2 if not 3 times a week. I dont know what to do about it. Im afraid to take a shower if my husbands not home because i have passed out 3 times when i was in the shower. Im so scared that im going to fall wrong and seriously hurt either me or the baby. I told my doctor about it and he just told me to wear support socks. I tried that and its not making anything better. And i know its not my blood sugar or dehydration. If you have any advice please let me know...

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 12:53 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to switch doctors. It is NOT normal for you to be passing out, especially while pregnant. Support socks? Seriously? What the hell is that going to do? You might have a heart issue where not enough blood is getting to your brain. If this is true, than there is a chance no enough blood is getting to your baby. I would switch doctors and have them run some tests to check and see why you are passing out. That's not just a normal everyday occurance that happens. I have passed out 1 time in my life and it was because I hadn't eaten anything in 2 days.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:58 PM on May. 9, 2009

• are you in hot or humid air when you are passing out?? when you pass out in the shower is it really hot and steamy?? have you had a CT SCAN to have your brain checked or ran blood work???
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:58 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I would switch doctors, or at least demand that yours run some tests. That is not good for you or the baby. GL hun.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:13 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I passed out twice while pregnant because I became anemic and kept forgetting to take my iron pills. But I never had that problem before I got pregnant and once I started taking my supplements it got better so I'm gonna say whatever you have probably isn't normal?
    Anonymous

• you need to see another doctor stat.passing out is not good,something simple could be wrong so don't be scared but do be prompt.
    starshine57

Answer by starshine57 at 3:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i agree with every one here you need a new doc is it your baby doc or your primary doc telling you to wear supportive socks those so are not going to do a damn thing for passing out. you could have a heart condition that is notallowing you enough blood flow or oxygen to any part of your brain or the baby which can cause serious issues in the babies developement and growth. go to the e.r. and talk to them maybe they will run better tests that use supportive socks.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 3:25 PM on May. 9, 2009