I'm a fat slob

As i sit here, my fat gut is almost sitting on the keyboard. I have such a small structure and this extra 15lbs is REALLY bothering me. I was looking at pics the other day of my PERFECT stomach that I had before I got pregnant. I hate my body. Yesterday, I walked 3.5 miles, the day before I walked 2.5 miles. I probably won't walk today, but I will walk again tomorrow. Walking should help right? I am watching what I eat also, but I know my body and exercise is what is really going to make a difference. Should I get ankle weights? I would get wrist weights but I am pushing the stroller the whole, so it wouldn't make a difference. I can lose it, it's not loose skin and I have no stretch marks, so i know I "can" get the body back ....... any tips on how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I lost 50 lbs by doing stretches and weight training, changing my eating habits and some walking. I hate walking but it's good for cardio not so much for actual losing weight. Build up muscle mass with weight training and it will burn up calories for you. I'm lazy and if I can get off that much by doing so little I know you can. You are probably much younger than i am and your metabolism is probably better. You can lift 2 - 3 lb weights while watching tv if you want. Same with stretches. I did use weights on my ankles but not for walking. I used them for leg raises to strengthen my leg muscles (I had a hip problem and the dr and Phy Therapist okayed it). I'd love to get more off but have plateaued. I hate those plateaus. Just watch your calories and your fat gram intake. Keep a food journal. Eat all you want but watch what you eat. When I feel a binge coming on I steam up some carrots or open a bag of cooked crabmeat.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:46 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Walking is a start, but you need to kick you metabolism in gear. You should eat 6 small healthy meals a day, that's a good start.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:03 PM on May. 9, 2009

• diet and excercise! like you're doing. not much else you can do except those weight loss scams.
    Anonymous

• ankle weights are not a good idea. my doctor told me that ankle weight wear on your hips.
    You should feel lucky..I have had two kids and have stretchmarks from here to Africa. I also weigh 200 lbs. so an extra 15 lbs. is nothing to me. you are probably one of those women I envy after having children. walking should help but if you do not keep a rapid pace, make you heart rate increase to about 130 or sweat then no it is not going to make a difference. I have been losing weight now for 6 months and have lost 35 lbs. I switched from reg. pepsi to diet pepsi cut out all my sugar and salt. that is the only thing i changed in my diet. but i walk or jog regularly and i do stretching and taebo in my living room.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Yes, I keep a rapid pace when I walk and I definitely do sweat. I also drink diet soda, but I'm trying to cut that out of my diet as well. I currently weigh 135 on a 5ft frame. It's not so bad, because I do have nice curves, but I can't deal with this belly and love handles. I have NEVER had love handles in my life.
    Anonymous

• Wow you are that big that your gut is hitting keyboard and you are just 135# on a 5ft. frame? I weigh 195#'s and I am 5ft.6 and I am not even remotely that fat. My stomach doesn't hang anywhere. All of my weight is in my butt and my thighs. I am sure that what you see isn't what everyone else sees.
    Anonymous

• I'm sitting on the couch with the laptop on my lap. That's why my gut is so close. I need to start lifting weights too, because my arms are flabby and muscle-less.
    Anonymous

• Well calling yourself names is not going to help even though I know what you are saying I bend over and I feel this 3 inch layer of fat in between I hate it.

But you sound like you are on the right track it all sounds good do what you say and I bet you won't be dissapointed infact I am going to try to take your advice it seems to make sense compared to all the other answers I have been getting. GL Keep up the good work!!!
    Anonymous

• Oh shut the hell up. You aren't fat.
    Anonymous