child support

Hi .. I just wanted to ask a question? i started receiving child support but only received one check . Is child support paid by month or each time the father gets paid . he gets paid every two weeks? thanks!

yovani21

Asked by yovani21 at 1:02 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• it is what ever the judge orders him to pay. if the judge told him to pay a certain amount every pay check then that is what you should be getting.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:07 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I am sure the was ordered to pay so much a month. If he gets paid bi weekly then more then likely you will get a check every 2 weeks also. That is if it goes through the State's child support. Hope this helps. if you have any mroe questions just PM & I will do my best. I have been getting & going through child support stuff since 2001
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:20 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You should have a total set up with the court...If the court says 600.00 a month you can recieve a check for that amount for the month or your ex can pay you 300.00 every 2 paydays with in the month. As long as you get that amount no more no less for the month unless things change.GL
    Anonymous

• It depends. I have CS automatically taken from my ex's check so I get half every two weeks. If it isnt taken from his check its probably once a month.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:56 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It depends on if it's him paying it on his own or if it's coming out by income deduction. If he's paying it on his own(he's writing a check himself), then it can be once a month. If it's income deduction, then it will be a percentage of the monthly total each time he is paid, and could be weekly, biweekly, or once a month, however he is paid. It's usually ordered as a set amount due each month, though. How it gets paid during that month can vary.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:39 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I would not expect it till you saw it. Don't count on it as income even if you start to get it all the time.
    Anonymous

• I used to get my child support twice a month.He owed me money from back child support.I got all his overtime checks.He used to make good money,but now my daughter and her sister gets survivors benefits.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2009