did you consider an abortion but ended up keeping your baby:)

what was your reason for going throughwith the preganacy and would you change anything if you could go back and do it over?

i didnt feel i was ready, so i made an appt. only to find out i was "to far along" since i didnt agree with the dr. i tried again w/ the same results. After 4 tries and getting turned away each time. i decided maybe this baby isnt going anywhere. so shes here now and i wouldnt change it fr the world. (o yea, and i wasnt to far along. accroding to them i cocieved in dec. but my baby was born at the end of Oct, like i had expected)

ladies if your are against abortion, this question is not for so im asking that you dont bash me or any of the other moms, Thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No never!! I wasnt in the best sitation when I got pregnant but I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER would have considered abortion.
    Anonymous

• I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy. I never wish the pain of losing a child upon anyone. Not even the people who decide to have abortions. I know it is your right and ultimately your decision but I only agree with abortion under extreme situations. (rape not being one of them) but I am glad to hear you kept your daughter and gave her a chance at life. and if i were in your situation, the only thing I would have changed about the way I handled it was to look at EVERY SINGLE option available to me out there. If I was pregnant, and felt that I would not be a good enough mother to raise her then I would have had her and placed her for adoption. but like I said it is every woman's choice. many including myself, may not believe in abortions, but it is still every womans right to choose what she wants to do.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• 2wndrfl_btrflys just out of curiousity what would you consider and exteme sitaution?
    Anonymous

• I'll admit with my son I briefly considered it. I only wanted one child. Plus I was in the middle of my education and thought he was getting in the way. Didn't go through with it because it was my husband's child, and sibling of my other child, plus because of my due date I could deliver over summer break from school. When he was born he had this little flap of skin by his ear, an ear tag, and I was still disappointed, didn't really like him (ugh I sound like an ass but it's true), but you know what, he's totally grown on me and he's my cute sweet little 2.5 year old now! I don't even notice his ear tag that much anymore. idk it's just he wasn't planned and it was definitely wrong timing. But I'm glad he's here :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:25 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I didn't really CONSIDER it, but the thought ran threw my head once. When I got pregnant, I was scared to death because timing was wrong and I always planned on getting pregnant after I was married and financially stable. Plus me and my SO were having ALOT of drama. I'll admitt that when his ex girlfriend admitted she was trying to get me to lose my baby I was just so fed up and I just thought "well wtf..if people hate that I'm pregnant THAT bad just let me Fing lose the baby"..It was more of an emotional breakdown then me WANTING to lose my baby. I would never kill my child EVER..Now that I've heard my daughters heartbeat, felt her move and found out what she is and I'm 19 weeks along, I wouldn't change it for the world. Now the only thing I want is to give birth to her and her be healthy and hold her. Everything happens for a reason and she's my purpose in life even if she's not here yet<3
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:37 PM on May. 9, 2009

• yes I considered it. I went to the clinic and went through the entire interview process and set up the date. I realized I couldn't go back and do it but my dh told me to have it done or he'd leave me with two other kids and no money. I had no clue what to do. I walked in front of a moving bus as a solution but the bus driver's reflexes were excellent so that didn't work. I decided to calm down and figure out what to do. By the time I got home I decided to keep the child and get rid of the jackass. It was a struggle but It's all good now. All the kids are grown and with families of their own. X is with a wife half his age that drives him nuts and a little kid who is a holy terror. Current wife didn't listen to him either when he told her to have an abortion but he's old and out of work and no where to go so he's stuck with two females in the house that drive him crazy. I love it!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I agree with the first anon. I wasn't in the best place in life, but I was an adult, and never considered it at all for a second.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:48 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I considered it. A lot. But, i had already had an abortion. And, i wasn't going to do that to myself again. It was horrible. And though i am still pro-choice. I could never go through it again. I also didn't want to have had more then one.

I'm glad i decided not to. Im 27 weeks preggo right now and i cant wait to meet my little boy.

If i'm honest with you and myself. I do still wonder what i would be doing right now if i did have an abortion.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 3:02 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Anon asker - Though I'm against abortion as a form of birth control, I don't think there's anything about you to judge.

Some say the road to hell is paved with good intentions,

and I also see lovely stories like yours where the road to happiness is paved with some bad intentions.

It doesn't matter what you considered, it matters what you did :)
    Anonymous