when can you be told the weight?????of the baby

how many weeks do you have to be before your doc can give you a estimate weight of your baby??? i am starting my 32 weeks today and i have a doc apt on monday

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 1:17 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They usually do that very near the end, like 39 - 40 weeks. And it's a rough estimate, not very accurate at all. They said my baby was 5 lbs, he came out a little over 8.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:21 PM on May. 9, 2009

• when their born.......they can guess but there is no way to tell. My doctor said my lil girl was probably around 6 pounds............at birth she was 9lbs 9oz......so yea no real way to know
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 1:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• they told me yesterday my daughter is 9 ounces? at my ultrasound..I'm only 19 weeks
    idk
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• They guess by doing the measurements with the ultrasound...so yeah they can guess.
    Anonymous

• at 37 weeks they said she was 8lbs 11 oz and then at 38.5 weeks when she was born she was 8lbs 11 oz so they guess pretty close to my baby's size.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• They usally wait until closer to the end but its a VERY rough estimate. My dr. said my son was about 5lbs three days before he was born, he was 7lbs 6oz.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i wouldn't fully rely on ultrasound measurements...they're never accurate. I was told my baby was going to be 9 pounds at 40 weeks, well, she was 7 pounds, 5 ounces when she was born at 40 weeks and 3 days.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:50 PM on May. 9, 2009

• the ultrasound tech told me they can be off anywhere from 1 to 2 pounds.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Only way to tell accurately is to wait until the baby is in your arms, lol. Ultrasounds are 99.9% off, usually by 1-3 lbs.
    Anonymous