How does your baby sleep?

How does your baby sleep? Swaddled? Not swaddled? Bottle before bedtime? No bottle? How old is your baby? Does he/she sleep through the night? Crib, pack n play, your bed or other??

AspinLea

Asked by AspinLea at 1:26 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They all three slept unswaddled, on their tummies and in the crib. They usually had a bottle right before bed as young infants, a snack about 1 hour before bed at 6 months.

They slept through the night (about 10pm to 6am) at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 14 weeks (10 adjusted).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I have a ten month old daughter. She was swaddled until she was about 6 months old becuase she would take her passi away from herself and couldn't get it back yet so I if she wasn't swaddled I had to get up every 10 minutes all night. and then couldn't function during the day... she goes down with a bottle. Sleeps 12 hours (all night) in her crib, in her room.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 1:29 PM on May. 9, 2009

• oh ya... and she sleeps on her back or on her side. Hardly ever on her tummy.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 1:30 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My daughter is 10 weeks old and she sleeps in her crib on a positioner on her side. I swaddle her about from the armpits down and leave her arms out (she does not like them swaddled, even as a newborn in the hospital). I give her a bottle and then rock her for about 10 mins and she out like a light. She will then sleep for about 7-9 hours a night. If I didnt swaddle her, she would twitch a leg or something and then get startled awake but the swaddleing helps from the startling.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Thank you guys for your answers! My 4 month old, sleeps swaddled in a pea pod, and takes a bottle before, but untill about a week ago he would only get up once about 3am to take a bottle, and not wake untill 7, but now he is gettin up at 1 and between 4-5 and going back to bed till 7, i dont understand, he was doing so good...maybe hes teething? im not sure, but its dmc!
    AspinLea

Answer by AspinLea at 1:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• and he sleeps in a wedge, but im thinking about taking that out, and he sleeps in a pack n play by our bed, bc i work in the morning, and dont want to get up and go to his room, and get him out of a crib, then feed him for 20 minutes, then put him back in there..but i have never put him in his crib yet..i was gonna wait till he sleeps through the night..
    AspinLea

Answer by AspinLea at 1:42 PM on May. 9, 2009

• He might be waking up more because he ready to not be swaddled anymore. Thats how my DD was. She was waking up 4 or 5 times for no apparent reason. So one night we left her unswaddled and she slept straight through the whole night... I think is was about 13 hours actually. And she hasn't been swaddled since.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 1:48 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Well last night, i only swaddled him in a blanket, not the peapod, and as soon as his arms came out they were flying everywhere, and he started screaming, so i resorted back to the peapod...
    AspinLea

Answer by AspinLea at 1:50 PM on May. 9, 2009

• my dd sleeps in a sleep positoner on her back, with the miracle blanket swaddler (it has special straps to keep her arms down) she goes to bed around 11 and sleeps thru til 6 am, occasionally a few days she woke up at 3 to eat then goes back to bed. she gets a full bottle 4 oz before bed, i make sure she eats it all and it helps her sleep. i try to avoid the paci at night cause if it falls out she'll scream. oh..she's in a crib in her own room! and shes 5 weeks old
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 2:03 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My 10 mo sleeps through the night. Bed at 8 and sleeps until about 10 the next morning. We have dinner between 6 and 7. We have never done a bottle at night to go to sleep. She used to be swaddled to keep her paci in and then the swaddling stopped b/c she no longer liked it but still couldn't keep the paci in so we took the paci away at 5 mo. We have slept through the night since about 6 weeks old (6 hours at night) and by 12 weeks she was doing 12 hours.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:09 PM on May. 9, 2009