When changing a diaper is a mission

My 6 mo has started to roll and turn over EVERYTIME I change his diaper. I know its just going to get worse when he can actually get up and run away. But its crazy how much of a mission it is. I turn him back the right way, and he just turns right on over again. Lol, sometimes the diaper ends up looking like a thong because I cant get it on properly since hes such a wiggle worm.

Is there anyway I can keep him still while changing his diaper?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 1:56 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I distract my son with toys, sometimes I let him hold the diaper cream. we have a cool LED nighlight which glows blue and he's fascinated by that when I let him hold it! or I sing a song
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I know this sounds terrible but this is what I do. I pin the little arms with my feet so that mine can't roll over and I get the diaper changed. Don't use to much pressure but enough to hold him still. Yes it is only going to get worse. I got diaper cream everywhere last night b/c I forgot to use my feet after our bath.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• That happened for a long time with both of my kids, at least 6 months. Just try to get it done as fast as you can, be prepared, and use a distraction like a toy!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:05 PM on May. 9, 2009

• The only thing that worked for me was singing jingle bells in a really excited voice lol. It was the first thing that popped in my head to do one day and it worked... no other song worked though. Just that one! haha... my husband looked at me like I was crazy the first time he heard me cuz he didn't know why I was doing it lol... but she sits still now, for the most part. =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 2:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• the song I sing: a counting song from 1-10 then 10-1, which was on the first few episodes of sesame street lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:56 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I sing to my son. Hes 6 months also, and its so hard to put diaper creme on him when he legs are all over the place. I usually sing the song bout the doggie in the window, don't know the name. And wheels on the bus. I tried giving him a toy, it just ends up on the floor haha.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 10:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• ughhh mine wont sit still for NOTHING!!! no matter what i do i just learned to put a diper on him standing cause thats all he wants to do is stand!! lol hes a year!!
    Ilovemyson51508

Answer by Ilovemyson51508 at 11:41 PM on May. 9, 2009