Month question..

This is how What To Expect When You're Expecting calculates month 1-9:
Month 1 = Week 1-4
Month 2 = Week 5-8
Month 3 = Week 9-13
Month 4= Week 14-17
Month 5 = Week 18-22
Month 6 = Week 23-27
Month 7 = Week 28-31
Month 8 = Week 32-35
Month 9 = Week 36-40
They say these are Approx. months.

Some of those are 5 week months. Since I've gotten this book when I was 5-6 weeks, I've been going by that. Based on that I would be 5 months and 1 weeks if I'm 19 weeks.
Then I see on here people say you base it on a 4 week calendar month. So then I would be 5 months next friday when I'm 20 weeks.

If anyone understands what I'm saying, I need some help on how I'm SUPPOSE to calculate my months because I don't want to be telling people I'm 5 months, if I'm really not.
Thanks=[

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 1:59 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go by the "What to Expect When You're Expecting". That's what I did. And, there are a couple months with 5 weeks in them, so it does make sense.
    Anonymous

• i go off of the book to because a lot of doctors have the same calculations as the book.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Im going by the book. I was wondering about that before also but i relized that if you count every month with just 4 wks then your pregnant for 10 months and that just made it seem so much longer to me and i didnt want that lol. I was feeling bad already.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:08 PM on May. 9, 2009