Hair Question for African American Hair

For those of your with short hair (i.e.: Melinda Williams-Bird from Soul food to Rhianna's Umbrella Cut)

How do you care for it? Short hair seems like it is high maintenance.

What do you do between relaxing?

My DH wants me to get a short do but I am not one of those faithful salon girls. I go only when I cant get a comb through the new growth lol.

Do you know of any (free) websites that will show me short hair styles for relaxed "sista" hair?

Thanks.

lizamichelle1

Asked by lizamichelle1 at 2:17 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• No web sites but try keeping it wraped short her can be wraped too. thats what i do when its not curled. IF you fined out any thing good let me know.
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 2:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i have alot of friends at work that are from the dominican and i ask them how they get there hair like that its so silky smooth.(i am white not that it matters)they say they go to whats called a dominican hair dresser.i know i live near boston so i am sure thats where they go.i also have a man boss at work well he has way cool dreeds but i also asked him and he said they put wax on there hair.(the girls)not him.he said it was alot of work though.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:19 PM on May. 9, 2009