has anyone had trouble trying to get pregnant for the second time?

see i had my son 3 years ago and i only used birth control for 2 months and decided i didn't want the pill and let it go. we decided to just be careful and use condoms or for him to pull out! once in a while we didnt use protection but it was days befor me getting my period or 1 or 2 days after i ended my period.. Now my son is going to turn 3 and in March i decided to get pregnant and I've failled. My 2 test have been negative and i gotten my period in may and also in june... any answers for me..?

Lapeque

Asked by Lapeque at 10:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I feel you! I have FIVE kids of my own, believe it or not. In December, I decided to go through with a surrogacy (to carry a baby for another couple) and NOW I can't get pregnant! Turns out, after my last pregnancy, my hormones were all out of whack! I actually was NOT ovulating so there was no egg there to get fertilized. They put me on Clomid and I am ovulating again with it.
    You need to be having sex during ovulation. That is typically 11-14 days into your cycle. (Count your first day of your period as day 1) This may sound gross, but its very helpful information- when your cervical mucus when you wipe has an egg white consistency (and possibly even smell) THAT is your "fertile mucus" and a very good indicator that you are, indeed- ovulating! (So get busy!)

BEST OF LUCK GIRLIE!!!!!
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my little girl is 4 and after I had her I was on the pill for a few years. when I wanted to have another I got off and we started trying and didnt get pregnant until 2 years later. we finally did when I stopped thinking about it so much, we are due in Sept! Good Luck and don't stress about it!
    kreastersmom

Answer by kreastersmom at 10:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It took us a while to have the second. Finally figured out that I was ovulating later in my cycle than the normal time/'middle'. (Now we have 3 kids!) The best I can say is it will happen again, just relax and try different things ... good luck and have fun.
    altema3

Answer by altema3 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well you have only been trying for a few months. I would not consider that "hard" to get pregnant. YEs there is a such thing as second child infertility but I would not worry about that until a year of trying. My aunt took eight years to get prego the secod time. My advice is to relax and let mother nature take its course. Good luck this month.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• there is a book out that is called taking charge of your fertility. i was having a hard time getting pregnant and then i did only to have a ectopic pregnancy and then tried right away for another. after reading the book and learning all the signs of ovulation and such i was pregnant with in a month. good luck.
    erins2ndbaby

Answer by erins2ndbaby at 11:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• if you think about it you wont get pregnant, enjoy it, dont think about it, and it will come. I tried for seven months then gave up then ended up pregnant
    fawnamom

Answer by fawnamom at 11:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• we ate healthier like all organic and it helped
    Anonymous

• I had a hard time with my pregnancies EXCEPT my first one. I was pregnant twice between my boys and I lost them. My oldest son was 7 when my second child was born. It took a LONG time. I am now trying for my third and I cant get it yet but only been trying for two cycles. GOOD LUCK!
    his_wife

Answer by his_wife at 12:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2008