Whose fault was it?

I went to the bank to deposit some money but I wanted $20.00 dollars back and when I recieved the cylinder back I took out the reciept and noticed there was a pen in there I remember at the time I said I don't need another pen so I gave it back and also I remember arguing with my kids and drove off. I went to a couple of places then I realized hey I don't ever remember getting my 20.00 dolloar bill. So I drove back to the bank and went through the same drive thru I was in earlier and thank goodness the same person was still in her station she remembered me and said aahh yes you forgot your money, I was ah yeah I did ( but in my mind I thought I didn't forget YOU forgot to put it in the cylinder along with my receipt you stupid girl) I hate confrontations so I let it go, That stupid girl send me my money and that was that...no I'm sorry or nothing she made me feel like I was the one who completly forgot my money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• You were both wrong. Let it go. It's not worth getting upset over.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 4:15 PM on May. 9, 2009

• If you believe that you were treated poorly, then phone the bank manager.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:53 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Calling her stupid isn't the answer, mistakes happen. You said yourself said you were preoccupied with your kids. She at least remembered and gave you the money instead of having you file the papers and investigating or telling you to call before the close of business when they balance the machines. That "stupid girl" send you your money in your own words so be thankful someone else doesn't have it.
    Anonymous

• honestly, you were both wrong. She forgot to send it to you, but you forgot to look for it and ask for it before you left. And I also agree with anon, that she could have insisted she gave it to you, and then you would have had to file paperwork to check on it and try to prove you never got it. I'd take this as a reminder to make sure, when it comes to money that you pay attention and make sure you get money when you're supposed to.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It was her fault.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on May. 9, 2009

• She didn't give you a problem about the money, she just gave it to you. You said you were also preoccupied, otherwise you wouldn't have drove off without it in the first place; you would have intercommed her and got the money then and there.
    Everything turned out fine, so why make a big deal and stress about it?
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 6:53 PM on May. 9, 2009

• honestly it was both of your faults. She should have had the money set with the cylinder, and you should have check to make sure it was there. If you had addressed the problem right away, I'm sure she would have apologized. But since you also drove away with it, your just as forgetful as she is. Calling her stupid is really rude of you though.. especially since you forgot too.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:05 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Does it really matter? Seriously let it go...
    Anonymous

• well, who knows if you just didnt see it in the tube. i think she's correct that you forgot your money.. because you DID drive away without your money!! lol
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:01 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Who cares you got your money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 10, 2009