Meeting people

How do I go about meeting my neighbors? They live across the street and have kids around the same age as mine. I would really like for our kids to play but it seems odd for me to just walk over and say 'Hey our kids should play!' I'm not good at social stuff and really not good at making friends. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Invite the mom over for coffee and a muffin some morning. Or bake a batch of cookies or some quick bread and take some over to share with her some afternoon. You don't have to even mention the children playing together. Just say you wanted to introduce yourself and get acquainted. Who knows? Once you meet them, you may not want your children playing with theirs!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:23 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Introduce yourself. Find out how old their kids are and talk about your kids. Maybe set up an activity the kids can all play together outside and get it going that way. Set up a sprinkler or something and see if they mind if their kids are outside if they play. Don't be shy just talk to them, Im sure they wont bite.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Invite the whole family over for a picnic. The kids can play, and you can get to know the family.

Answer by Bmat at 3:00 PM on May. 9, 2009