What Do You Think Of Breastfeeding?

Personally, I think that if you want to do it, go for it, but I think it's a bit selfish, because in a lot of cases, the dad doesn't get to bond. I also think that people who breastfeed past a year old are disgusting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I attempted to breastfeed my kids, but honestly, it just didn't feel natural to me. I felt like I was doing something wrong and dirty. I couldn't get use to the idea of my boobs being for food and not fun, ya know? I don't regret my decision at all.
    I, like the asker of the question, think that you should stop BF after once a baby turns a year old. IDK, I just think that BF is for babies and not toddlers. Just my personal opinion. I don't think it's disgusting, but, well, IDK, I just don't agree with it.
    rockinmom82

Answer by rockinmom82 at 3:31 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Are you a T-R-O-L-L?
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It was not for me. I did not enjoy it, it hurt, so I pumped and dumped for many weeks then went to all formula.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I think you've obviously never breastfed so you really have no clue what you are talking about. There are plenty of other ways for a dad to bond with the baby besides feeding them. What exactly do you think is disgusting about breastfeeding past 1 year?
    Anonymous

• Here's a way to get Dad to bond.......have him change every diaper.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I couldnt do it... the pain was horrible! so I pumped for a little while. Now she's a formula baby. I have no problem with people who do though. I just dont like it when they dont cover it up...like when i was walking through the mall the other day and there was a baby sucking on a boob no blanket or anything just hanging all out in the open. Ya I'm not a big fan of that... and I agree about the one year thing. Much older then that and it gets a little wierd. I know a guy who can remember being 5 years old and unbuttoning his moms shirt for a drink. EWWW!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• rolling on floorThat is THE funniest misinformed view of breastfeeding I have ever heard OP.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:42 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I breastfed both my kids. I went back to work after a month a my DH looked after the babies when I went to work. He had plenty of time to bond. Not doing it cuz DAD won't bond is a lame excuse.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding just as there is nothing wrong with formula feeding, I thinks it's a personal choice and no one else's business.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:47 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You think that a mom having to stop whatever she is doing ever few hours to sit and feed her baby, or taking the time to pump if she chooses to or needs to do that at work and taking the time to store the milk properly and heat up a bottle properly, being the only one to get up at night with the baby when it's hungry, going through pain or discomfort, having to worry about not making enough milk, worry about taking medications because they could get into the milk, not being able to just have a drink whenever they want or how many ever they want to celebrate holidays or whatever else, sacrificing and giving of themselves completely in these ways and so many others because they feel like that is what will give their baby the absolute best start possible in life is selfish JUST because Dad can't bond with the baby during feeding times...

Hmm, interesting point of view.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 3:59 PM on May. 9, 2009