I'm going crazy with my boys

they never flush and leave the seat up what 2 do????????

lilmama29113

Asked by lilmama29113 at 4:15 PM on May. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd retrain them. I always tell my boys to POINT IT DOWN and wipe any leftovers!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• They must be related to my husband.

Seriously, you need to make them go back and do this every time. Make sure that your husband is not setting a bad example for them.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• LOL-sounds like my whole family (I live with my husband and our 2 boys). My 12 yr. old had a friend over one time and my husband found the toilet was not flushed (# 2). He called my son in to the bathroom to yell at him and my son says it wasn't him. My sons friend did it. He came up to my husband and said "I am sorry Mr.L. I must of forgot to flush" I felt bad for the kid but just thought it was so funny- I bet he was so embarrassed he will be sure to flush next time he is at our house! LOL.
    javiandjaysmom

Answer by javiandjaysmom at 4:38 PM on May. 9, 2009

• that sounds just like my 2 boys they always pee on the seat and all over the floor,and they forget to flush some times, i just tell them to clean up the pee, or to flush the toilet.
    angeleyez420

Answer by angeleyez420 at 6:05 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Thankfully my son is pretty good about flushing and almost never leaves the seat up. If I do find that he has not done one of those two things I will call him in to take care of it. I think that a lot of it just comes with age and maturity and learning the habits...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:33 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I wish I could help. My husband is the only man I know that ALWAYS puts the seat down. In fact, he had to re-train ME to put the lid down because I grew up in a house of all girls and we always had the lid up and the seat down.

He finally did (ha) and my son and daughter both put both of them down each time.
    but if anyone has a tip on getting them to FLUSH! it'd be appreciated :P
    trishmused

Answer by trishmused at 4:03 PM on May. 13, 2009