How can you get people to shut up

I am so tired of all the hate emails, and chatterboxes. I don't support gay marriage. So what? I don't care if you support it. It's your choice to support it and it's my choice to not support it. I don't think your some hateful, immoral person. But because I don't support it I am wrong in every sense of the word. I have been call "Hypocritical Christian Fanatic" What happened to Cafemom's rule of respecting everyone's opinions. If you ask it you should be willing everyone's opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That's funny, the pot calling the kettle black. The exact ones that are calling you hypocritical are being so themselves. Are they at least showing their names? Or are they being anonymously nasty? You could copy and paste what they are saying and send a message to CM. They really should contact these people and advise them to behave.

Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I think if they ask someone what they think, then they should be willing to accept everyone's answers. Even if they don't agree with them. And the fact that someone thinks it's okay to attack other people for what they think is wrong. I just report them.
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel, although I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I don't care what religion you believe in, what side of the political fence you are on, or anything else. Everyone has a right to their own opinions, so long as it doesn't hurt others, or prevent someone from having the same rights as everyone else.

All people need to realize that they deserve respect, despite any differences they may have. Whether Christian, or not, Anti-Gay Marriage, or not, Liberal, Conservative, or Moderate.

:(
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 4:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Because with the ones who do, it's their way or the highway. And, if you DARE speak ONE word in opposition, you are evil,and must be destroyed! LOL. It's pathetic, that the very ones screaming and yelling tolerance and acceptance are the very ones who need to take a good long look in the mirror,and practice what they preach. I don't expect it to happen,they think they are completely right,and the rest of the world is completely wrong,but, hope springs eternal. You just don't let anyone tell you you are wrong or bad. You have your morals and standards,and they are no more wrong than anyone else's.
    Anonymous

• It's kind of funny how the same people who scream for you to be tolerant won't offer that same tolerance to you.

I think we all need a good long look in the mirror sometimes to see how we may be hurting our own message...and I extend that to myself, and people of all opinions.
    Anonymous

• ...but isn't it nice to know that people like jynxx exist :)
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:29 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You know I never get harassed. I feel kind of left out.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 4:34 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You just have to ignore the hatefull people. Like I do. Delete and move on.

Answer by louise2 at 4:39 PM on May. 9, 2009