please tell me if im overreating.....important

Sorry this is going ot be so long but you may have a better understanding as to why im angry and then be able to help me figure out what to do!! Df and I used to each have our own cars well mine broke and we fixed it then his did (like 2 days later) and we didnt have the money so we worked wiht my car only since. After i gave birth to DD his bff lost his license and needed a ride to work one day which was fine, well that turned into over a year of him leaving an HOUR yes an HOUR early for work because his friend lives 45 min away and needed him to pick him up then he started taking him home which means he was getting home an hour later from work too which waas stressful for me because we had an infant and it wasnt my fault his dumba** friend drove drunk and got caught right? Well his friend has since got a new job where quite a few time he still asked DF to drive him but i put an end to that! CONTD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• well now his sister is home (we live in our own house by the way) from college and his mom said she needs a job which is true shes 21 years old. But his mom said that his sister needs to work with him (DF) same days same hours so HE CAN DRIVE HER AND TAKE HER HOME!! DF already works 45 min-1 hr from home why the hell cant she get a job closer to home. Shes been working at giant eagle for years and always worked there on her breaks from school why cant she still work there??? Why is it our problem she needs to get to and from work..ITS NOT! i think its such crap because im now a full time student so i lose 1hr a day of study time or cleaning time or shower time because her lazy a** cant take a trolley or walk downthe street and get a job closer tohome!!! please help me tell mewhat to do
    Anonymous

• ONE MROE THING: one night he asked his mom to pick him up from work and she said NO its MY job to get him to and from work if i need to use the car!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• the title should say overreACTINGlol
    Anonymous

• i'd be mad too. are they paying for gas? tell his mom that she can give her a ride to and from work, especially since she wants to be selfish
    Anonymous

• perhaps you should let your MIL and your DF know that his sister is an adult now and the mother, im guessing the daughter stays with the mon? should be the one to take her to and from work if she is still living at home. It is not your DF job to do that. and your MIL needs to be told no. Someone, let it be you or your DF need to grow some balls and tell them how it is!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:20 PM on May. 9, 2009

• yeah that sucks. my sil is doing the same thing. men are stupid!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:23 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I would say that if his mother is not willing to help you guys out then don't do her any favors, does his sister even WANT to work there or is just his mothers idea? If he doesn't mind picking her up (like if she lives right down the road) then I don't see a problem with him taking her but if she lives more than 5 minutes away and his mother isn't willing to drive to your house to drop her off and pick her up then I would say 'get bent' and let her find her own job and transportation. Also, if he does start taking her he should talk to her about gas money that she has to pay each week or she loses her ride (that is if they live more than 5 minutes away, it's not just to cover gas either it's wear and tare on the car)....but then again it's dh's decision really, you can voice your opinion but in the end he can do what he feels he needs to do.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 5:23 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Tell your DF thats he can tell his mom that its HER job to get HER daughter to and from work not his or yours, is anyone even giving you gas money for all of this? Or even some cash for "wear and tear" on your car?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:56 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It is YOUR car, you have the right to be mad!! I think you and DF need to tell the friend and mil that it is your car, and DF is NOT a free taxi service!!! He has you and DD to take care of, he does not have time to drive out of his way for them. if sil is living with mil- then she should do the transporting. I would also mention that gas costs money, rides to work are not free! That transportation/gas fee will cost them $50/week (or whatever amount you decide).paid upfront, nopay = no ride. maybe if they have to pay DF for gas/ride they will back off fast. I hope things work out!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:09 PM on May. 9, 2009

• im putting myself in your situation and as easy as it sounds to just tell MIL to do it-it isnt that easy!!! DF needs to be the one to say this if anyone. Otherwise you'll be the scapegoat the one evry1 points their finger at for being the bitch who wouldnt help the little college student. talk about it with df let him know how u feel. whenever you can throw in some comments do that too lol...eventually he'll get the picture but then again he did it for his friend for damn near a year so i dont know. i know friend or not that wouldnt have been me for a year. maybe a couple weeksw but even then i would have been overwhelmed-GOOD LUCK! Its never easy as it sounds with MIL's and SIL's
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 9:44 PM on May. 9, 2009