So my ? is: My 18 month old daughter keeps taking her diaper off whenever she wakes up or is just playing. She can completely strip herself of clothing, including onesies and pajamas? I am so tired of washing clothes and bedsheets. Any advice??? PLEASE HELP!!

iluvmymacita

Asked by iluvmymacita at 5:10 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Son Is almost 9 months and has days were he will take his off from time to time and I asked a friend of mine about it and she told me to put his diaper on backwards and it WORKED.. It's hard to do but it keeps them on so you might try it aAnd see what happens
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 5:15 PM on May. 9, 2009

• why not try taking her to the potty?
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 5:16 PM on May. 9, 2009

• potty train 18 months is not two young

lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 5:20 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My little boy was the same way. And so was my friends little girl. Its just a phase she is going through. She is at that age now that she can realize wet and dry. I too would try the potty training. Good luck ---just be grateful that girls are easier to potty train than boys : )
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 8:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• When my kids started doing that I started putting them on a potty every half hour and they were quickly potty trained. I hate the saying that girls are easier, because that is definitely not always the case. My son was way easier then my daughter.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:39 PM on May. 9, 2009

• try potty training? If you know they aren't ready.. you can try putting it on backwards.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Well I had the same ?. I asked PAT(Parents As Teachers) , my guide Mrs.Carol(shea wonderful). Any ways I asked her and she said that mosy children do that because they are starting to actually feel the sensation of themselves urinating. So hang in there I t will pass.
    motherx6

Answer by motherx6 at 9:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My oldest is the same way. It started out with taking off the diaper after a nap, and now it's butt naked little boy everytime he gets up from a nap or in the morning. Washing bedding has become part of my daily routine. We've tried potty training, but that isn't working out so far.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:26 AM on May. 10, 2009