Where does your God reside, in a building, on a dollar bill, in the pledge, in your heart? And how does he/she/it get taken away from that place?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:25 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They reside in my heart and they can only be taken away if my faith waivers and dies.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:30 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My god resides in a snow globe that I carry with me everywhere, because the evil Atheist are always trying to take him from me.
    Anonymous

• ROFL ^
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:52 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Well inside me, in my heart.
    Only way the Divine gets taken away is if I let it go.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:03 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Everything that is, GOD is. There is nothing that GOD is not. We can't say GOD is "over there" because that would imply that GOD isn't "over here" and that simply is not so. And it is only an "illusion" or a state of mind to believe that God is not where you are at any given time.

"Wherever I am GOD is and all is well" - Unity Church
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• For me, God is all encompassing and can't be taken away.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:36 PM on May. 9, 2009

• To me, God is in my heart, in the air around us, in the grass that grows, in everything. And like Amaranth, I believe that he can't be taken away from me if I don't let him go.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:37 PM on May. 9, 2009

• According to the gospel, he resides near a black hole in space. I suppose he would be taken away if someone were to eat him. FSM by the way. Ok I don't have any gods. I'm agnostic/atheist (and occasional Pastafarian). So really i guess I shouldn't be in here. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:39 PM on May. 9, 2009

I don't know why that made me think of this

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:21 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Wow... there's a lot of people saying god can't be taken away from them, yet when someone mentions taking god out of the pledge of alliegence or taking the "in god we trust" off the currency, everyone throws a fit about how xtains are losing all their rights in the country. why is this?

Please note: I don't mean any of the PPs have said that, but it seems to be the general outcry when those topics come up.
    Anonymous