I Just Need Comfort It Will Get Better

My son is almost 9 months old and is getting about 4 teeth all at once... He used to never care if I left the room or even if I went to get him something to eat out of the kitchen(theres a gate so he can't get into the kitchen) But now he stands a screams and he screams when he doesnt get what he wants and sometimes he just screams I think to scream because I do everything I can to make him happy and he still screams... I'm going crazy.. We are in the middle of moving and he's making it even harder then I thought....Is it all the change and his teeth or is this a behavior he has picked up from his cousin (Who is hell on wheels... No Lie) and if it's something he's learned do I need to correct it or just let him grow out of it... I have promised myself he will not act like his cousin because what she does and gets away with is insane(she's 18 months) I just need ideas on what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 8.5 months and is doing the same. I was actually wondering about it too. But I think it's just the age, maybe they are learning that they can get what they want by screaming. Sorry it's not much of an answer.
    Anonymous

• it's just a stage momma. my dd is 9 months and did the same thing, only a month early.she was teething and going through the seperation anxiety. i'm a big believer in the CIO method, so if i knew there was nothing wrong with her, all her needs were met, and i had to do something, like go potty, take care of my 2 year old or do the dishes, i'd let her cry for a while. she eventually figured it out, and now she has no problems with me leaving the room. thank God. it was really annoying lol
    Anonymous

• It will pass. But, really, hold on to this; in a few years he will be embarrassed to be seen with you.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It will get better....they are just looking for the comfort from MOM. Try to get them to use another cue for the attention instead of screaming/crying- acertain word/or phrase- It's hard, but it DOES get better.
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 5:43 PM on May. 9, 2009