Who do you feel most threatened by?

Birthmom's do you feel threatened by your childs adoptive mother?

Adoptive mom's do you feel threatened by your child's birth mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Adoption

• I'm an adoptive mom. I'm adopting my little brother, who is actually my second cousin. My cousin is his mother. My mom adopted him and then she recently died. No, i dont feel threatend by her. She loves her son and although she has no legal right to visit him i allow visits anyways. The only time that i get a little worried is when her other son does things or whatever. She is my sons little brothers mom (LOL, do you follow?) so i'm not sure where to draw the line.
    And my other adoptive child is my SS. The only way i feel threatend by her is that her rights have not yet been terminated, we are trying to terminate them so that i can adopt. We'll see how things work out.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• There's only one amom in the world whom I am theatened by & thank the lord above she didnt adopt my child!
    Anonymous

• As an mom I do not feel threatened by my child's family of orgin. Our adoption was legal, there was no coersion, and we have settled into our life as a family. I would tend to think there is a strong possibility that my child's bmom might not understand us or even sometimes be jealous of us or the child she placed with us. She is living in public housing, has been recently homeless, and she has two other children under the ages of 2. Has other issues. So to see us and the life we live (not rich but comfortable) I am sure is hard thing. Some of her actions have suggested that she is jealous. Threatened might not be the right word for it but jealous would be the more accurate description. I truly wish that no woman had to live such a hard life...I am not threatened or jealous of her. My only thoughts are what is in this child's best interest.
    Anonymous

• Id feel saddened by you
    Anonymous

• Why specifically? Because I have a good home? A stable life? A good income? A great marriage? A beautiful child? What part is awful? And to point out...you don't know my relationship with my child's bmom or the exact circumstances she placed.
    Anonymous

• i wastn talking to you. how would i know what kind or home you have? how would that make me sad? who said you were awful? i dont know what your kid looks like. boy you read a lot into a line...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I honestly don't feel threatened by either of my kids' bmoms. I feel a sense of importance in living these relationships we have created. I want to be sensitive to their feelings, while still taking care of ourselves. When I see a need I want so much to help. Even if I can help, there are times when it is okay and other times when it is not appropriate because it would change the dynamics of the relationships. My real concern is that my kids will see this (open adoption) as normal and good, so they will be strong when people out in the world misunderstand or are just plain rude to them. I want to be the best mom I can be for them. That is my prayer.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:35 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I do not feel at all threatened by my children's birth moms. They gave them LIFE!!! That is so special and wonderful. They are part of my babies. I give them love and honor for being part in who the loves of my life are. Happy Mothers Day birth moms!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm not threatened by my sons amom at all. I love her. I chose her to raise my son because I liked her so much, and she was a wonderful mother to him. He loves her dearly. I don't think she is threatened by me at all. I've never seen an inklingof jealousy or bad feeling from her, even when he moved in with me for 6 months. We are a united front when it comes keeping our son on track. His adad adores me and always tells me what a special place I hold in their hearts.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I have never met my daughter's birth mother and she has never met me. So I definitely don't feel threatened by her. I can't imagine why she would feel threatened by me either.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 4:10 PM on May. 10, 2009