Anybody have IBS? (irritable bowel syndrome) HELP

I kind of self diagnosed because I can't go to a doctor right now(no insurance). I'm not going to tell all the gross details, but I have many of the IBS issues/symptoms. I just wanted to know if there is any way to deal with it, w/o meds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Health

• I know you don't want meds, but with myself the only way I can control it is with immodium.
    Anonymous

• Other than staying away from the foods that you know irritates the IBS, I don't think there is. I do take Immodium to help with diarreha. Otherwise, I have to take Hycosimine or I am in pain for days.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Marijuana is prescribed for patients with IBS. Also you can try Pro-biotics.

"Studies have found that cannabis (marijuana) can block pain in many cases, including the abdominal pain common with irritable bowel syndrome. It has also been used by many to quell nausea and stop diarrhea, both symptoms of IBS. It does not seem to make much of an impact on other symptoms, such as constipation and gas. "
    http://www.quickcare.org/gast/marijuana-and-ibs.html
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 5:03 AM on May. 10, 2009

• my DH has IBS and says you can use Miralax. It's another form of Golightly(sp). That's the stuff they have you drink when prepping you for surgery to make sure your bowels are empty
    rachellw

Answer by rachellw at 7:56 AM on May. 10, 2009