How can I get pregnant with my IUD in place? Anybody get PG when it was in the right place?

I have the Paragard IUD, i wanna know if you've gotten pregnat when it was IN place. I know you can get preggers when its moved..but mine is in 'perfect' place! (via untrasound) Is there a way to GET pregnant w/o removing it? any tricks? i dont have the money to get it taken out..I also have a Complex Cyst right now too, so Im not suppossed to get the IUD out anyways...Help???

MamaCass2003

Asked by MamaCass2003 at 5:50 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Health

• I don't know how to do it on purpose but yes it can happen. I met an old friend a few weeks ago who had the merina IUD in and was very pregnant. They had to take the IUD out but she was damn near full term when I spoke to her. I also know of a person who took the IUD out themselves. They just reached up there and pulled the strings out. I would never do it but they said it just came right out.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:59 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't think there is a way for you to get PG with the IUD in place as it should be unless it somehow moves. Anyway, getting pregnant with it still inside is possible, but I think it's dangerous. I know a nurse was saying that they have to take it out during the pregnancy and it can cause problems in the pregnancy ie: baby loss, bleeding.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:49 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Your chances of getting pregnant are extremely low as they should be since it is BIRTH CONTROL. I don't know what a complex cyst is or why they can't remove the IUD because of that, but it sounds like you really should not be getting pregnant. If you really want to get pregnant then you need to get the IUD removed.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:52 PM on May. 9, 2009

• No birth control is 100 % !!!!!!! Not even getting your tubes tied ladies !!!!!
    Angie32Red

Answer by Angie32Red at 10:18 PM on May. 9, 2009

• exactly! Which is why I am wanting to hear of the cases where pepl DID get pregnant..i already know its rare-but theres gonna be that 1% out there that can tell me about it!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 10:42 PM on May. 9, 2009

• So you want to get knocked up and NOT look responsible? I think you have more problems that need to be addressed in your relationship.

Anonymous

• Yea,yea, thats what it is Anonymous-thanks Oprah! I am asking the people that this really applies to..not cranky lil ladies that are trying to play Oprah!
    My BF and I Want to get pregnant,but we are considering all of our options with me having the cyst and all...i am supp. to NOT get pregnant 'on purpose' b/c there could be complications, if it DOES happen,then we will take the next steps towards that. I just want to see how many moms on here got pregnant on an IUD or with a cyst
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 7:53 AM on May. 10, 2009

• thanks to all the women who have CONSTRUCTIVE, NICE advice!!!!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 7:54 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Well if the cyst could cause complications why would you want to risk getting pregnant with the IUD in that could cause even more complications and from what I was told the very few pregnancies that do happen on this IUD when the IUD is removed 50% end up miscarrying as it is removed.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:22 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I know this is going to sound bash-y, but it's not meant to be. Please take it in the helpful spirit with which it is intended.

If you can't afford to remove your IUD, you should probably think again about having a baby. In addition to that, if you have a cyst that can cause complication and your doctors are advising you to not get pregnant, perhaps it's not the right time...

Good luck with whatever you decide...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 8:36 AM on May. 10, 2009