i'm speechless... you're thoughts?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090509/D982TFNG0.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• nov30mom

Answer by nov30mom at 5:52 PM on May. 9, 2009

• They do value private property in Texas, above all else.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 5:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Can you say ignorant redneck, his gun probably wasn't the only thing loaded.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:58 PM on May. 9, 2009

• In Texas it is legal to shoot someone on your property if you feel you life is in danger not because you think they might trespass.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Sammiesmom, that's why you drag the body into the house. If they get in your house they're fair game. :)

That being said...

I live in Texas. I'm a bleeding heart liberal who believes in gun control. My husband, on the other hand, owns many, many guns (handguns and rifles). If someone broke into my home, I would cheerfully grab one of his guns (and once I figured out how the hell to disengage the safety) I would shoot them (or in their general direction, as I've never fired a gun before).

All of that being said, this couple are a pair of dumbass rednecks. Hopefully they're not too stupid to feel crushing remorse for their actions. I hope they suffer for the rest of their days.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You better make sure someone is actually on your property before shooting. ALSO...who would shoot a child?? I can't imagine the pain the family is in.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:13 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I know that this does not go for everyone that lives in Texas, but it seems to me that many people there value their land above the life of someone not in their family.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:18 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I don't know why any parent would bring their kids anywhere NEAR a house like this!!! These people clearly are not in their right mind.

Like is a sign says "'beware of dog" would you walk through? don't think so.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Gludwig, that's kind of a dumb stereotype. It's like saying that all people from the Deep Southern States mate with their relatives or like saying that Scottish people are cheap or that New Yorkers are rude or that Californians all have fake boobs and fake tans or that Oregonians are all pot smoking liberals or that Montanans are all psycho seperatist militia members.

Oh, and everyone from Utah's a Mormon.

Anyway, that THESE people are dumbass rednecks doesn't mean that all Texans are dumbass rednecks.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:38 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Avarah, please note that I did not call these people rednecks, nor did I say that ALL people from Texas feel that way. I'm not stereotyping, merely giving an opinion based on my observations, which is why I stated that it didn't go for everyone who lived in Texas.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 7:46 PM on May. 9, 2009