Does anyone besides me feel this way?

I feel like i'm in the kitchen at least 90% of my life.
I'm always cooking, making meals for the members of my family.
And then when I'm not cooking meals, I'm washing the meal dishes. Ugh!! Will this ever end?!?!?! lol!!

NCIS05

Asked by NCIS05 at 5:57 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, when the kids are grown and out of the house.

Answer by louise2 at 6:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I just went through this, I yelled at the top of my lungs yesterday I am not washing another dish or cooking another meal. I am DONE for the day. DO YOU HEAR ME DONE. LOL
    So no you are not alone.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Yes when the kids are old enough to cook their own food and do their own dishes.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Do you have a crockpot? If not, ask your friends if they have one they never use. If you have one, contact me directly and I will forward some recipes to you. Seriously, in ten minutes you will have a healthy, one dish dinner cooking.
    I have a rule, dinner should never take more than 20 minutes to get on the table; I would be happy to forward you quick dinner ideas, if you would like.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I havnt even had my kid yet and i feel that way.when the kids are old enough to do the dishes im going to have them do the dishes. not all the time just so i can get a break every once in a while
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:17 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Yes I used to feel the same way! Now my youngest kids are old enough to cook (9 yo DD is the youngest) but they still don't do well at cleanup. Thank goodness for the dishwasher!

If I'm cooking I hate having kids and animals and hubby underfoot, so I usually have meals that take no more than 30 minutes from beginning prep to serving the food.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Not me. As soon as my kids were old enough (around 4) I taught them how to make their own sandwiches and get their own cereal. They are 8, 7, 6 and 3 and the only meal I cook is dinner. During the week I make lunch for my 3yo while the other kids are in school but on weekends the older kids make her lunch. Sometimes I throw in fish sticks or something for all of them but for the most part they get their own food for breakfast and lunch. Same goes for my husband.
    I do dishes every other day usually and the kids unload the dishwasher in between. In fact, I'm rarely in the kitchen any more.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:16 PM on May. 9, 2009

• you must have young kids LOL I remember feeling the same way when my oldest was little! Yes it gets better! Yes, it will end. Then you'll look back and remember how great it was!
    LCoastMom

Answer by LCoastMom at 8:23 PM on May. 9, 2009

• if im cooking then someone else is washing...thats how u compliment the chef
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 8:33 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Nope. My son is old enough that I am letting him start to cook easy things!! I do feel like I spend my life at the baseball diamonds!! Practice is 3 times a week until games start in 2 weeks. Then games 2 nights a week and practice 1-2 times a week.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:37 PM on May. 9, 2009