Could it be teething?

I know my DD has been teething for a few weeks now, but she started becoming REALLY fussy and throwing up lastnight. Not spit up, but chunky throw up. She isn't running a fever, but she is far from her normal self... Could it be the teething? Thats the only thing I can think of. We haven't changed her normal diet or anything, and I haven't eaten anything different from the norm...(I am BFing, as well as supplementing some) Any advice? If she isn't better by Monday morning, I am taking her to the Pedi, but what can I do in the meantime?

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 5:58 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be a stomach bug, those don't cause fevers
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:17 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Once she throws up three times she needs to go the ER! Thats what I was told when my DD was sick the last time. It could be the teething... babies slobber alot more during teething so she might have swallowed too much and it made her sick to her stomach, not sure. But ya... throwing up even once is enough to warrent some pedialyte. If there is a third, it is time for an IMMEDIATE doc visit. Babies get dehydrated extremely easily and quickly and it is life threatning.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:18 PM on May. 9, 2009

• wow, really? 3 times and you rush them to the ER? lmao...i don't know what doc told you that but um they were wrong. my son puked Lord knows how many times and also had a temp of 104.5 while sitting in the ER for 6 hours. all they did was give him motrin, and when that didn't work, gave him tylonal 45 minutes later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 11, 2009