Did your babies sleep with thier eyes open?

My oldest used to sleep with his eyes open. (The first month.) I remember freaking out in the middle of the night thinking the worst. Anyone else go through that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• that's normal, both my kids did it
    Anonymous

• Oh wow I have never seen that! I'm surprised that you and anon have experienced that.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 7:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Not so much as a baby but my I do remember calling my ds when he was 3 and he wouldn't answer. I finally found him on the couch sitting up asleep with his eyes open.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:44 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i sleep with my eyes open..so do my twins...mu husband says its creepy
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 8:31 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It freaked me out the first time I saw this! My ds, took me a long time to realize he was really asleep!
    LCoastMom

Answer by LCoastMom at 8:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• OH MY!! This one time I went up to check on my daughter and she was laying there with her eyes half open. She was probably about 3 months old. I felt my stomach drop and I quickly poked her and she moved. It scared me to death. Once she moved, I started to cry. Wow, was that scary!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Not with my son, but my brother used to sleep with his eyes open and it was freaky!!! He is 32 now and we still tease him about having to close his eyes for him. It was even worse when he would talk in his sleep and his eyes were still open.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh my God no. I would be so freaked out if I saw that though!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I t hink all my kids did that when they were little little. SS still does it. I used to date a guy who sleeps with is eyes 1/2 open. So does his brother and sister. So weird the first time you see it!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, they did it and it was weird!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:19 PM on May. 9, 2009