What one quality do you admire most about your own mother now that you have children of your own?

javiandjaysmom

Asked by javiandjaysmom at 6:14 PM on May. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• that she raised all four of on her own.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 6:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• that she potty trained us. She didn't do much else.
    Anonymous

• My mother didn't shelter us kids from the realities of life. She was the best.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:18 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Right now, I don't admire anything about her. And that is so sad, because up until very recently I admired everything. I still love her, but I don't respect her and I don't admire her at all.
    Anonymous

• She worked 2 jobs so we could go to private school. She taught me what NOT to do with my son which made me a better parent.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:31 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Teaching by example. Too many parents take on the 'do as I say, not as I do" philosophy for raising kids, and I think thats both unfair and ignorant to do in child rearing. No matter what philosophy you use to raise your kids,. certain aspects of it will be challenged in every day life, so if you yourself are not doing what you expect them to do,. your really stacking the odds against them. Both my parents lived their lives they way they taught us to live it,. and made the decisions they said we should make. My dad didn't tell me to treat others the way I want to be treated, while cussing people out in traffic.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 9:44 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You know, this is a great question. My Mom is the most wonderful person I know. When we were kids, she had the patiences of a saint. I don't know how she did it. She kept her cool with me until I hit those teen years & she was still pretty level. My kids drive me nuts! I always hit the end of my rope & have to be sent to my room. My Mom always did stuff with us, baking cookies, teaching us to sew, turning the living room into a fort. She was a perfect mom. She still is. She's my best friend. I love my Mom!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:56 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Where to start? Raising 4 of us each about 2 years apart from eachother, raising 4 of us when my parents split up, dealing with my shit after I turned 21, etc.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• she was very patient and took no ones shit
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 10:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• She did the best she could and did what she thought was best. Also, she didnt let me or my brother turn into spoiled brats. We knew that no meant no. I also liked that she made our costumes every halloween.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 11:53 PM on May. 9, 2009