Giving baby more than 4 oz - when did you start?

I'm FF my baby, he's 1 month old... I'll give him a 4 oz bottle, but as soon as he burps, he wants more (he starts head-butting my shoulder like he's rooting for a nipple). Just to see how much he would eat in one sitting, we fed him until he was full - he ate almost 7 oz!!! He's only a month old!!
How old was yours/how much did they weigh when you started giving more than 4 oz at a time?

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 6:16 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They go through growth spurts every few weeks it seems. It seems my baby was around 3 or 4 weeks when she would eat up to 4 oz, and she's 8 weeks now, and is starting to eat anywhere between 3 and 6 at any given time. I doubt your son will eat 7 oz at every feeding, but its more than likely he'll be eating more than he was!!! Just feed him until he's not hungry anymore, he'll let you know when he's done!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 6:44 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Mine was about 3 weeks old when she needed more... She had been fussy for a few days and I didn't know why. Finally my mom figured out that maybe she needed more than she was getting and sure enough... I think she moved up about 2 or 3 ounces the day we figured it out. After that it was really obvious to me what she needed when she was ready to eat more.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:14 PM on May. 9, 2009