Why is it so damn difficult to get a pizza delivered nowadays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• more people are cooking their own meals now so not many people work for delievery. It took a pizza over an hour to come to my place because of less staff... sucks!
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 6:29 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'm sure the economy has a lot to do with it.
    Anonymous

• From what I saw of my friends who worked Pizza Hut in high school... cos they're taking their time getting high in the bathroom first. :0
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 6:33 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I've noticed for the last few years, it doesn't matter where I live, I never seem to be within the delivery zone. At first it was because they had to drive through a bad neighborhood to get to my house, and now it's because I live 10 miles away from all the pizza places. Ugh. I guess they are just lazy nowadays.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• guitarlove...that's probably exactly what it is cuz i ordered from pizza hut and every single last person I dealt (4 of them) with for ONE damn pizza just seemed so stoned!
    Anonymous

• we never have problems here. one good thing is that we live within walking distance of the three major chains.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:10 PM on May. 9, 2009

• We've never had a problem. We order pizza almost weekly (had it last week Thursday and again on Wednesday because I was too tired to cook). We order from a local place.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Right after my husband was sent on a new job 7 hours away we tried to get a pizza delivered to us. We were told that they didn't delivery across the interstate,lmao. We were maybe two miles from Pizza Hut. It was ridiculous.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 7:12 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Pizza Hut is great. You can order online and you can preorder so it comes at the time you want it to.
    Anonymous

• My son delivered pizzas in college to help pay expenses. He was robbed 3 times in 8 months. He quit. So did everyone else. They can't keep drivers hired. They have decreased delivery zones for financial reasons as well as liablility. They can still advertise 'we deliver' it just isn't to most of us.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:59 PM on May. 9, 2009