My 11 month old wakes up every night and won't go back to sleep unless he's in my bed...help!

My son is 11 months old. I can get him down for bed and put him in his crib and he'll sleep for a little while, he wakes up anywhere between 12 and 4 and won't go back to sleep unless he's got his arms wrapped around my neck and laying in my bed. If I try to put him back in his crib once he goes back to sleep, it never fails that before I can get back in my own bed, he's awake and crying. He'll take naps in his crib just fine, but night time is a whole other story. What can I do to get him to sleep in his crib all night?

bkenney410

Asked by bkenney410 at 6:22 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awwww. Why make him? They're only little for a little while. They go through phases. Your baby needs you right now. It won't last forever, unfortunately.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 6:44 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Let him sleep with u when he wakes up. U will all sleep better
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:58 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I would let him sleep in the bed with you. it's so sweet.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:37 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I don't think its a big deal at all. As long as he is going down in his own bed at first... its a phase. And it will pass. But I wouldn't worry about it.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:07 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd also like to add that I can't even get my 10 month old to take a nap with me! I would love it if she would she would cuddle and sleep with me sometimes! So if I were I would just try to enjoy it while it lasts =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:08 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'd let him. He's probably having a touch of seperation anxiety or hitting a mile stone. He needs his mommy.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:20 PM on May. 9, 2009