Should abortion be a women's choice or should laws be in place to determine when it is appropriate?

javiandjaysmom

Asked by javiandjaysmom at 6:36 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Health

• In my opinion abortions are never "appropriate." I think abortions should be illegal except in cases of rape, incest, or in cases where it is 100% fact that the mother or child would die before/during birth but those are becoming few are far between. It will never be illegal though I can tell you that right now. And if it did become illegal, women would just find a way to do it themselves or there would be "underground" abortionists everywhere.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I don't believe in abortions, but like the previous poster said, they never will be illegal and people would find other ways of getting what they want.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:45 PM on May. 9, 2009

• my body, my choice.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 6:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Ash9724.........Part of me would like to agree with you. The only problem with that strict way of thinking........you know the "only in cases of......" There are alot of incest/rape cases that end in "secret" abortions. To make it okay under your rule, the woman/girl would have to disclose, and justice would have to be done. By then the baby is born. That's IF she has the courage to come forward. I know I didn't.

EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:56 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I cannot imagine putting someone in jail for getting an abortion, and placing them where rapists, murderers, and child molestors are confined. I know several people who have had abortions, and all had compelling reasons to do so. To close that choice for the person is wrong on so many levels.
    Anonymous

• Well this is one of those if you have never been in those shoes you have no room to talk... IMO I know that at 14 I was not able to care for a child no way! Did I want to keep the baby yes, but the father didnt want it, my family left me, and I came from a home with a dad that wasnt ready and didnt want to be a dad at the time. Unless its you sitting in that chair you have no IDEA what a choice truely is!
    Anonymous

• I am 100% pro life just think of all the families that want kids and can't and without abortions there would be so many children going to good homes and happier people
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• If you don't believe in abortion (or gay marriage or non-Christian religions) then please do not have one.
    If I am not "pro-life" does that make me "pro-death". What about my opposition to war and the death penalty? Am I still pro-death?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 PM on May. 9, 2009