Do you think its ok to take a 6 month old to a movie theater?

I want to go out and do something with my 6 month old for Mother's Day. Its not warm enough to be outside so I need to do something inside. I've never taken my son to the movies. Do you think its too soon or its ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes their content and easy to control
    MRS.PS

Answer by MRS.PS at 7:10 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Personally, I wouldn't do it and my son is 8 months old and rarely cries! I don't know how much your son is babbling but it could be distracting! I gues if he's sleeping it would be all right and if he starts making noise you should probably leave. I really hate when there is any kind of noise when I"m watching a movie. It makes it really difficult to hear.
    Anonymous

• No. Theatres are way too loud.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 7:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• We took our kids to the movies when they were little, as long as they still were in the infant car seats. They just sat on the seat next to us, but you have to realize that you will need to step out if he gets loud at all......Other people aren't as patient with a baby sometimes.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• It's worth a try, just be prepared to leave if he starts to cry.
    resamerie

Answer by resamerie at 7:14 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I go to the movies to watch the movie not here a baby crying.

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• yes, i agree with louise2.. not to sound mean but id be pissed if i were in the same movie as you. 6 months is still very very very young and the fussing/babling is way cute at the mall or walking around somewhere but not where i pay 10 dollars to watch a movie.
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 7:32 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I ceritanly wouldnt do it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• The level of sound can damage a baby's sensitive ears.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• No way, and I think its irresponsible on a parents part to even consider that. Its too loud and other people wanting to watch the movie would not appreciate a crying baby. I know not all babies cry at movies but they can if startled by loud noises. Not cool.
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 8:15 PM on May. 9, 2009