Anyone tell me more about the life as a marine wife.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• its like being in high school all over again. im a marine wife and we are out at lejeune.. where are you stationed? most days is normal, your husband gets up to go to work around 430-5am does his "job" and comes home around 430. depending on the job they have field ops where they basically camp for the week but come home thursday or friday night (they dont stay weekends here) and then if your husband is deployable thats a whole other deal. marine deployments are usually 6mo-1yr. hmm if you wanna talk more message me!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 7:27 PM on May. 9, 2009

• oh about the high school part i forgot i wrote that haha.. be careful who you choose as your friends where you are. i have 4 real friends where i live and thats over the past year and a half.. and im not shy nor have a problem making friends.. its just most of the girls/women are backstabbing bitches and will do something to decieve you. so be careful what you say and be careful who you get close to. my 4 friends are the most amazing people ive ever met and they will be in my life for as long as we are all still living, so you will make close close friends and even closer enemies.
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 7:29 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Can't help you..My DH is retired army.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I would imagine it's much like being an Army wife. Yes, you definatly have to be carefull who you become friends with. Don't tell anyone secrets! The hours they work depends on their job. The Army deployes longer then anyone. One good thing is: you won't stay at one duty station forever! My husband was an instructor for 4 years, and didn't go anywhere except once a year to a conference. But he's deployed now. Try to enjoy being a military wife. It's a really hard job, but you do get to see some great places! We are back at Ft. Bragg, NC. Not far from Camp Lejeune.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:34 PM on May. 9, 2009

• yeah i know where that is! It's nicer than Lejeune lol
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 6:21 PM on May. 10, 2009