What should I bake for my mom?

For mothers day I thought I would bake her a cake or some sort of desserrt and I want it to be kind of original and delicious!! any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am making my mom a cupcake bouquet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch19X7OW4yg

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:02 PM on May. 9, 2009

• MAPLE-GRILLED POUND CAKE W/ PEACHES &BLACKBERRIES
    8 firm ripe peaches or 16 canned peach halves
    1/4 cup orange juice
    2 tbl butter, melted
    2 tbl pure maple syrup
    8-inch loaf pound cake, homemade or store-bought, sliced 1" thick
    6 oz fresh blackberries
    2 to 3 tbl sugar
    Vanilla ice cream
    If you are using fresh peaches, dip them into boiling water for about 30 seconds to loosen their skins. With a sharp paring knife, pull away the skin and discard. Halve and pit each peach. If you are using canned peaches, drain well. Prepare medium fire in grill. Combine the orange juice, butter and maple syrup and mix well. Brush onto the peaches and both sides of the cake slices. Combine blackberries and sugar in a large bowl. Crush berries slightly with a fork, and then stir until mixed. Set aside. Grill the peaches and cake slices until golden brownabout 5 minutes per side for the peaches and about 3 minutes per side for the

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on May. 9, 2009

• cont.
    for the cake.

Place a slice of cake and 2 peach halves on each plate. Drizzle additional maple syrup over the cake and peaches, if desired, and top with a spoonful of sugared blackberries. Serve at once with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

• cook here something special such as vanilla profitrols with ice cream which will be warm with cold ..i think contrast will be better
    nonaakliken

Answer by nonaakliken at 9:58 AM on May. 11, 2009

• FoodNetwork.com is one of my favorite websites! They have a search engine that you can type in a couple of her favorite ingredients, choose what kind of dish (dessert, main course, etc.) and it will give you a list of great recipes. It will even let you know the difficulty level!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:05 AM on May. 11, 2009