Guess what my newborn did to scare me. How scary is this

My 2 week old was sleeping and suddenly puked and started to choke. I had to quickly flip her over and smack her back. This is my first baby and daddy is at work and has been since 4pm.

What a scary thing. :'(

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 7:59 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• aww that does sound scary! try to calm down-shes ok and you did it by yourself. GOOD JOB! :) have a happy mothers day!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• that is always scary. But as SThompson21 said you did it by yourself so GREAT JOB!

My youngest son scared the crap out of me by sleeping through the night at 4 days old. When I realized that DH didn't get up with him I thought he died on us. I never made it to the cradle so fast to check on him. He was fine just sleeping.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Both of my boys done that A LOT when they were at that age. It is very terrifying. I finally had to start waiting about 30 before I actually laid them down, just so I would know if they were going to get sick.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 8:05 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You did it yourself like everyone has said Great job. Happy mothers day. Calm down the LO is fine. But, i would freak out to.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:09 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I had that problem with my 8 year old son when he was an infant. He had acid reflux. I started sleeping with him because I heard him gag one night and it scared me too. I slept with him on the couch every night for a long time. I'd hold him. I worried about him getting used to it until one night he was moving all over and I was like fine and I put him in the crib.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:16 PM on May. 9, 2009

• That does sound scary. But like everyone has said good job. Have a great mothers day!
    teafan

Answer by teafan at 8:29 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'm sure it was scarey. but you did it right, momma. I bet you are about to pee yourself now that the adrenaline has worn off, but you did fine. As we all know, babies don't come out with a manual, so there is no way you could be prepared for EVERYTHING that might/will happen. But you did fine. If she keeps doing it, I would say something to her ped. She may have acid reflux or something.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:31 PM on May. 9, 2009

• aww... I'm so glad you were able to help her. What a great mommy she has :). I know my DD has done a few things that have scared me. Like when we were outside playing, and she was just getting the hang of running. We were on the patio and when she got to the end, didn't know how to stop herself, and fell face first. I was so worried for her. I checked her out, no swelling and took her in just to be sure she didnt break anything.. Thankfully she was perfectly fine other than a small cut on her cheek.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:32 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Yeah the first 2 days with my daughter, she'd choke up the remaining amniotic fluid and gag on it and one time started turning purple. *sigh* I was so happy when that stopped. It's very scary, but you did good!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:32 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My son did that when he was 2 days old. He was in the crib next to my hospital bed and started gagging, I jumped out of my bed and flipped him over. He was fine but scared the hell out of me. I was yelled at by the nurse who was walking in the room at the time because I jumped up and could have ripped all the stitces and staples out if my c-section incision. Sorry, but baby needed me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on May. 9, 2009