I am looking up statutes in my state for sexual predators and I am so confused!

I need to hand my final paper in for school on wednesday and im doing it on how i think pedophiles need a harsher punishment.

I am trying to figure out how they decide what to charge them with and reading all that is making me so confused. Does anyone know anything about this stuff??

san-1

Asked by san-1 at 8:03 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• as a retired teacher I know a procrastinator when I see one. You should have started this long before now so you could interview authorities on the matter instead of waiting until the last minute to find out you have confusion on the subject matter.
    Anonymous

• did you go to familywatchdog.us? Try that then find the different sex offenders in your area and click on their conviction and a detail of what they did comes up. Sometimes if you google your sherrifs dept their info is better. I know here there are alot of sex offenders but reading their age and offense it appears its usually a young male who got involved with someone to young. Which reading the one sight I thought was wrong. If a girl lies about her age and they hook up the boy is at fault because of his age.

Sentencing varies depending on judge, the crime and past record. Obviously an old guy who molests a child is going to get a harsher sentence then an 18 y.o. who had sex with a minor (in most cases).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on May. 10, 2009

• i agree with first poster! lol YOU need to keep researching and studying until you have mastered the content so you can effectively write about it. if we were to just give you the answer, then how are you ever going to learn. a good teacher provides the tools so that YOU can conduct your OWN research on the subject! That's called EDUCATION! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 10, 2009

• I think they should make the law real easy to understand: You touch a child, you die. Short, sweet and simple.
    Anonymous