eating a whole chocolate cake in one day.

I heard that if you ate a whole cake in one day you would gain less weight than if you ate one slice a day for a week. Anyone else ever hear this? The only way i can justify it as truth is that if you ate it all in one day you would eliminate most of the calories after or if you eat it over a week it just builds up? I dunno What do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Not sure about the calories, because a calorie is a calorie and they burn off at the same rate no matter how many you eat. What I DO know is that eating so many carbs at once would add weight faster than eating them over a longer period of time. See, carbs turn into glucose once they're in your body, and glucose is stored as fat if it's not used within a few hours. SO, what you heard is garbage. If you eat a whole chocolate cake at one sitting, you'd be putting a few hundred carbs into your body at the same time. Your body can't possibly use all those carbs in a few hours even if you were a triathlete. Those carbs would be stored as fat, causing you to gain weight. If you spread out the carbs over a period of days, you would have a better chance of working off the carbs every day before they were stored as fat.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:09 AM on May. 11, 2009

• that may be the dumbest thing that I have every heard.
    If you really need chocolate cake, try this one:
    MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
    4 tablespoons flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil (I use melted Earth Balance)
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    A small splash of vanilla extract
    1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 PM on May. 9, 2009

• cool thanks!
    SamsMom24

Answer by SamsMom24 at 9:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Whaaaaaaaat? I don't think so. This is goofy.
    Anonymous

• that's a good question!! i dont know!
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 11:54 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You can make that cake in a mug healthier by using apple sauce instead of oil and only using the egg white. It is still really yummy.
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 1:07 AM on May. 10, 2009

• We tried it without the egg or oil and with canned pumpkin; it was really good.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Look there went the point!! -------------------------->
    Anonymous