Who else's MIL is makin a fuss....

about not getting a Mothers Day presant from her son?! we just got back from the store and who did we bump into there....oh the grandparents!! just who i wanted to see while i was buying the necessitys. his dad asks him "so what did you get your mom formothers day?" he replys "a card" his father replys... i cant belive you didnt get her anything after all that woman does for you" i cant understand that, but we just got paid and are on a strict budget like everyone else in america and we just paid off the last credit card which was $1100 payment so you tell me how can a pay check of 1350-1100=$250 buy her that stupid $150 coffee maker she wants. are we suppose to not buy groceries? pay our car payment just so she can get what she wants...NO! ugh its always about "them" and im tired of it i could see if he bought me a mothers day gift and not her but lady im not seeing any present either so shut your mouth!!

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 8:11 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• who said it had to be the 150 dollar coffeemaker? you can't swing 5 bucks for some candy, a plant...something?
    Anonymous

• my selfish mom. i love her but anytime i try to spend some quality time with her. taking her out to eat for b/day or what ever i get a lame ass excuse im tired, dont feel well, whatever. so im tired of it shell get a card and maybe some money but not much b/c if she cant spend time with her family on holidays then why should i go the extra mile/
    Anonymous

• If it isn't in your heart my advice is buy her nothing. Forget about the financial part of it, I know this is cruel but he is the son, it is his duty not yours.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:22 PM on May. 9, 2009

• What, did she just stop being his mom? You don't have to spend a ton on a gift. I bought my mom a card and an Angel pin for her gift and if I had a living mother in law hubby would have bought her a gift as well.
    Anonymous

• We must have the same mil. I got such a nasty email from mine that I ended up blocking her address. She yelled that no one ever comes over etc, all she wants is for us to clean her house even though she is fully capable of doing it herself. She is such a whiner and she knows we are in dire financial straits, but she is still mad that we couldn't afford to afford to give her a b-day present last month. We had to borrow some money a while ago and have not been able to pay it back, so of course she threw that in our faces even though I explained how bad off we are that I literally eat 1 meal a day to keep food for the kids. She was bitching that if we paid her back, she could have a new sewing machine right now, never mind the fact that she has flown all over the country being a groupie following this country singer around, staying in hotels, casinos, restaurants. I will never speak to her again after this last nasty email
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:25 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I was just having this conversation with my mother earlier. When did Mothers day turn into a $$$ event. When we where younger we would buy my mother shrubs or plants, a card and breakfast. Now its like diamonds earrings, and $150.00 coffee makers. Goodness I love my mother and she does deserve those things for putting up with my ass growing up but its not her birthday!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:26 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I wanted to go get my mom something little and I asked her to watch the baby (almost 2) while I ran to the store, but she couldn't cuz she's watching her slutty bosses daughter so she can go out and get drunk. Oh well.....
    Anonymous

• I would go out and pick her some flowers.. it's thoughtful and something, and if she complains, tell her to shove it, because at least you thought of her and got her SOMETHING. Which is what the day is suppose to be about, not costly gifts.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:34 PM on May. 9, 2009

• But if she's that bad.. I wouldn't even bother... my step grandmother use to be a (worst cuss word entered here)!!. She never sent a card to any of us, but DEMANDED not only a card for her birthday, and mother's day, but a dinner at her favorite restuarant too. After a year or two of being snubbed, my mother went up to her and told her to shove it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:38 PM on May. 9, 2009

• We bought mil 5 candles for $10 and thats it we do everything for them and when we need something there never there. We were without a car for a month and they never offerd one of theirs but when the oldest (don't de anything for them) needs a car they give him the keys and sign it over to him grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My dh is the one who in 100 degree weather is out moving their lawn but can they help us hell no I hate in-laws they suck!!!!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:01 PM on May. 9, 2009