Toddler bed time?

When is the right time to start my dd sleeping in her toddler bed? She is now 15 months old and I am pregnant with #2 - due in late August. My goal was to have her sleeping in her big girl bed by the time the baby came home or soon after so that the baby would be able to use the crib. We put it up in her room and she loves reading a night time story in bed and playing with stuffed animals in it. But I'm not sure how to get her to understand it is for night time sleeping.

What's the best way and when???

Val1313

Asked by Val1313 at 8:31 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have my dd in her toddler bed now.. she's 16 months.. but she was a co-sleeper until this.. she hated the crib.. now she has her own "bed" and is happy and sleeps in it by herself.. personally I don't get it.. it's a one of those converted cribs to toddler bed to twin.. lol. so it's the same "bed"..just the one side is gone and has mini rails, lol. I would just take the toys out and sit with her with a book until she falls asleep, she'll get the hint.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:15 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You should try laying there with her until she drifts off to sleep. My oldest started sleeping in his toddler bed when he was 2 because the newb was on the way. I had his toddler bed next to my bed just so he knew that I was still there. It worked out pretty good. I gradually eased his bed into his room. (he never slept in his crib, at all.) But that his how I handled the situation. I hope it was helpful.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 9:20 PM on May. 9, 2009