Ever since I got off the pill, my periods have been irregular. I'm trying to time ovulation so I can get pregant. But because my body has been so out of whack, I don't know when the right time is. Is it logical to have sex every other day to ensure conception. I am now on day 3 of my cycle, and not sure how to calculate the rest. Please help!!

Tonika123

Asked by Tonika123 at 8:39 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I conceived completely on accident. Figures right? But, if I was trying to conceive, I'd just do it at every possible opportunity!
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 8:48 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Usually its 14 days after the first day of you period. A good indicator is your discharge will be like slimy eggs whites. The 10th-14th day is the best as sperm can live inside you for about 4 days
    Anonymous

• When trying to conceive you should be trying 2-3 times weekly. However you should check if you are ovulating. Most women resume normal cycles within 3 months so if you feel you're not yet ovulating, see your dr. If you have been trying to get pregnant for a while, see your Dr.
    spababy120

Answer by spababy120 at 10:31 PM on May. 9, 2009

• If your cycles are completely different all the time and you are really trying, you should consider going to the DR. and getting Clomid. I was only having about 3 periods a year, so that is what I did and the medication worked right away.
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP. Actually, why were you on the pill? were you on it to regulate your periods? If you had trouble ovulation before, you should probably see the GYN and talk about getting a script for Clomid.
    spababy120

Answer by spababy120 at 9:46 PM on May. 10, 2009