How do you use a basal digital therometer to time ovulation? I read it only spikes after ovulation, which defeats the purpose....

Tonika123

Asked by Tonika123 at 8:41 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you plan to do the Fertility Awareness Method you should plan to record more than just your BBT, other things you can record are cervical mucus and cervical position. You might check out hormonalforecaster.com I use their program for charting, and go here http://www.hormonalforecaster.com/learn2chart/ for more information on learning how to chart.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:17 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I use fertilityfriend.com
    I temp chech cerivx and symptoms. The temp tells u pretty much when u ovulate ( 3 low temps) and ur luethal phase (high temps for 14 days or what ever days u have till u get ur period) and the last ytemp wich ur temp drops a day before u get ur period. That's 1 way I know I'm going to get my period and know I'm not prego.
    If u want more answers u can message me.
    blueorpink

Answer by blueorpink at 9:59 PM on May. 9, 2009

• FAM charts your BBT, cervical position and cervical fluid (CF). Right before you ovulate, you will see a slight dip in temps. The next day post ovulation, usually you'll see an increase in temps. If you have three in a row above your coverline then it indicates you have ovulated. Cervical fluid also changes throughout your cycle. In the beginning, the fluid is either non existent or very tacky like paste, it progresses to creamy (indicating your fertile phase is coming) and them to egg white consistency. If you are trying to conceive, it is a good idea to start having relations when the creamy CF appears. Definitely do have sex when it is an egg white consistency.

Cervical position is also a tell tale sign. At the beginning of your cycle, your cervix is firm, low and closed. As you approach ovulation, your cervix moves up further into your body. When you ovulate, your cervix will be Soft, High Open and wet. Good luck2u
    spababy120

Answer by spababy120 at 10:23 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Also your luteal phase should be between 12 - 16 days long. Your luteal phase NEVER changes. The variable part of your cycle is the pre ovulatory (follicular phase) of your cycle. So say if your cycle is usually 15 days, if you still have a high temp at 16 days, most likely you are pregnant and should test.

Check ovuvsoft.com for more info and support.
    spababy120

Answer by spababy120 at 10:25 PM on May. 9, 2009