Why do other women at school functions avoid me?

I went to a carnival at my son's school tonight, and I noticed moms just avoiding me. They have done this at other functions too. I always speak with the teachers who are always very nice, but other mothers seem to stay at least 10 feet away from me at all times.

Once there was this woman whose son was playing with my son, they were is class together, and I kept trying to strike up conversation with her because our son's were getting along so well and she just acted very irritated and kept giving me yes and no answers.

Really what is it? My look the way I act what? I really don't know.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 8:50 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I said it before, they're just intimidated by your awesomeness. People don't like to be around people who are better than they are! Haha!

PS am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that someone posting Anon is complaining that your profile is private... nothing against posting anon, I just enjoy irony.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:09 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I went to veiw your page and see if there was something that i could help ypu with, But your page is private so sorry i can help you. Just keep trying to have interaction with other moms. Wish i could help ypu more but your page is PRIVATE........
    Anonymous

• The only picture on my page is the one that is my avatar right now.
    I can set my profile to public I guess I'm not scered ha ha I know scared is spelled wrong I did it on pourpose say it out loud.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Women form cliques and refuse to let others in.Some women are just bitches.Don't let it get you down.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:04 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Maybe your son is a brat at school and/or a bad influence on their kids. I know when I see kids like this, especially if they talk rudely, I assume their parents aren't much better. I mean, they have to get it somewhere!

Other than that, are you approachable? Do you make eye contact and smile when you see others? They may be thinking the same thing about you.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:23 PM on May. 9, 2009

• My son is the sweetest kid you will ever meet. He never says bad things about anyone and is a very good kid in school. I do not allow my children to speak rudely to anyone, otherwise they are punished. Luckily I never have to punish them, it is NOT my child.

Yes I am approachable. I actually seek the other mothers out and start the conversation myself.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:32 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Hmmm . . . maybe they are jealous of you.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Jealous of what? My butt is probably bigger than any of theirs combined ha ha ha.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:38 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Hey, you never know. Does your kid excel in sports? Sometimes parents can be SO petty!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:41 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i have that problem too and i think it is because i am young or because my hubby is black he says its cuz i look stuck up lol but i dont see it idk is there anything that they think they can look down at you about women can be ruthless 4 no reason sometimes
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 10:12 PM on May. 9, 2009