Why doesnt my 7th month old look at me and want me to hold him?!

He only wants me to hold him when he gets hurt. Besides that he pushs away and wants to go crawl and play. When i get to hold him he wont look at me no matter how hard i try!

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 8:59 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe nothing,maybe autism.It's too early to tell.Watch for this reaction as he gets older.By 15-18 months,they can test him.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• That's just how babies are. =] When they get hurt, they want mommy to hold them, but other than that, they just want to play and mom's out of the picture. My daughter's the same way.
    AmaraVelez

Answer by AmaraVelez at 9:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• That doesn't sound like something as serious as autism. That sounds like a busy little man. He's got stuff to do & you're keeping him from it. If you need more cuddle time, lay down on the floor by him. He'll probably be thrilled to see that you've come to visit!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:15 PM on May. 9, 2009

• my oldest dd was like that. She's 33 now and still like that!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:32 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Not all babies like to snuggle. That said, if your mommy instinct is telling you that there might be a problem, then absolutely take your baby to your health care practioner for an evaluation.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Cuz he just wants to crawl and go play! My son was/is the exact same way. He just has way too much energy to sit and spend quiet time with mama. Hopefully some day he'll want to though :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:02 PM on May. 9, 2009