ok i know this is a weird question to ask..but is there any way to help yourself go into labor faster?? im 37 weeks and have 28 days to go. im having a hard time with this pregnancy...im sooo tired and her head has been pushed up into my ribs through more than half my pregnancy and its really starting to hurt....any suggestions??

is there any way to help yourself go into labor?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. Leave her be. She'll come when she's good and ready.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 9:08 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Let me just add that you run the risk of poisoning yourself and your child, as well as weakening your system. You need to be in the best physical shape possible to do what you have to do.

So get your butt up and out! (unless you're a high risk)
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 9:10 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Seems goofy, but try 'rocking her' by standing (I know, rough) and swaying back and forth a bit. Go for a walk with your sweetie or a good friend and see if that helps. It might just get the ansty out of her.
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 9:10 PM on May. 9, 2009

• you dont want to hear this, but wait till the baby is ready! I was a few days away from 41 weeks, and at the "last" appointment my doctor said he was going to schedule an induction if I didnt give birth in the next few days. I massed my ankles the next day, pretty much off and on all day. according to reflexology, massaing ontop of the ankles stimulates the uterus. well I was in labor that night! the contractions came out of nowhere and were very close together. and I was still only 1 cm dilated, even 10 hours later (even after petocin). and my son's heart rate dropped, so I had an emergency c section
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:16 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Stop the bitching go for a walk unless you are high risk and on bed rest then she will come when its time.. Do you want to hurt your child so you'll feel better. Think about that.
    Anonymous

• First of relaxing will help you! I was in a sticky situation when or 10 month on the way. My husband and I both wanted him to be there. (he had to go out of town for a week, no excuses) Well we had a great team of doctors who we had dealt with with our twin pregnancy and they wanted to help. We were able to induce at 38 weeks and a day. If you really can not handle it talk to your doctors they maybe able to help.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 9:48 PM on May. 9, 2009

• The doctor will tell you( if they are brutally honest that making love can help, walking for a long time ect...) I did some research my self and asked my ob if I could take something called Evening primrose, the doc was cool with it and it seemed to help) I also took it after I had the baby and it seemed to keep helping with everthing getting back to normal. Talk to the doctor first.

The other thing that I wanted to tell you is that I was induced with a drug called "potosin" it brought the contractions on but it was not easier than the natural coarse of birth. Good luck
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 9:49 PM on May. 9, 2009

• You still have 3 weeks left- It may not seem like a long time to us but for a baby it is. Let her stay in there and cook a little longer. Even though at 37 weeks, the risks are low for health problems but it can still happen- especially the lungs. The last few weeks are uncomfortable for most of us- we just have to live with it.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 10:02 PM on May. 9, 2009

• nipple stimulation, docs dont want to tell you that because they dont want women doing it but i breastfeed and am 30 weeks and have been having contractions for the last month and am 2-3 cm dialated. nipple stimulation releases pitocin which starts the contractions, so either you can play with your nipples til you start having some hard contractions or let your so do it for ya. but i wouldnt advise this to anyone less than 36 weeks as it is dangerous
    Anonymous