My husband and I live with his granddad. Well my husbands mom just started showing up and living with us on an on and off basis. My hubby and I own a dog that is 7 months old. I want her to sleep in the house with us at night. And she was until the Mother in law got there. Now she is saying that my puppy has to sleep outside. What do I do? I mean the puppy is not her dog!!! >:(

Asked by army11Bwife at 3:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pets

• i'd tell her straight up, this is my house, and my dog. Your welcome here but in my house, our dog sleeps indoors. Shes a guest and yes u do want to make her feel comfortable, but it's your house and your rules, u don't change the rules when a guest stays, they just need to abide by them.

Answer by Isabelles_mommy at 3:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• She's a guest in your house. When did they get to start making the rules? I would suggest to her that if she wants to make rules then she needs to be a contributing member of the household, not simply a visitor from time to time. Mention that consistency is important not only for the child by for animals too. Therefore the rules that apply when she's not there will be the rules that apply when she is.

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It's not your house. It's the grandpa's house. and so it's up to the grandpa. What does HE say?

Answer by imacafemom at 3:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• have the dog sleep in your room at nght.

Answer by dannersmell at 3:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Tell her that its not her house and not her decition to make about where the dog sleeps. she is a guest in the house so she wouldnt have any say so!!!!!

Answer by 1mom08 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• she has no say in my opinion.

Answer by justjacki at 4:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Tell her that all B**ches have to sleep outside and open the door for her to step out LOL

Answer by Brneyedphotog at 4:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• that is hilarious brneyedphotog!!!

Is it your house??? your rules..if she don't like it the she can leave.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree with everyone else. Your house, plain and simple. Just tell her if she wants to stay, the dog stays inside. IF she can't handle that then she will need to stay somewhere else.

Answer by pkspikesmom at 8:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• please dont think im being mean but that is your house and the puppys house to. plus you cant leave a puppy outside. i think if she has a problem then find her own place. what has hubby said?

Answer by monny033 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008