• In the Spotlight:

Christians, does anyone else feel this way?

I couldn't care less if you are pro-choice or pro-life, gay or straight, married or not, living with your SO or not, having sex before marriage or not, and anything else that I may consider sinning. I do not spend my days worrying about what the next person is doing and I definitely do not pass judgment on them because I think that they are not living their life according to the Bible. I have enough trouble making sure that me and mines are doing what we KNOW that we are supposed to be doing and that is hard enough. I mean seriously, who am I to judge anyway??? If you don't invite me into your situation and ask me for my personal opinion then I am certainly not going to go giving it to any and everybody that crosses my path because for one thing, I think that my opinion is just as precious as the next persons so I am certainly not going to waste it on someone who doesn't want to hear it. Anybody else feel this way too???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If we do not care about our brothers and sisters in Christ and what they are doing then how do we uplift and encourage them? We are to care, we are to pray and to point out sin inside the body of Christ. All in love.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:13 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Oh yes Shaneagle777, I was referring to those who are not saved and do not want to feel like we are pushing our beliefs on them. I didn't mean other brothers and sisters in Christ.-OP
    Anonymous

• OP HERE- I RAN OUT OF ROOM IN MY ORIGINAL QUESTION BUT I WANTED TO SAY THAT I WAS REFERRING TO PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE BODY OF CHRIST. SHANEAGLE777, YOU ARE VERY RIGHT WHEN IT COMES TO THE BODY OF CHRIST. I WAS REFFERING TO WHEN IT COMES TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SHARE THE SAME FAITH (IN THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT) AS I DO. NOT TO SAY THAT I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM IN GENERAL, BUT I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT IS MY PLACE TO BE JUDGEMENTAL OF THEM.
    Anonymous

• God tells us that it is His place not to judge, not ours.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 10:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Saying our opinion is not judging. Saying I don't agree with gay marriage, abortion, pre-martial sex and such is a an opinion. Saying " I hate those people" is judging. And yes I can agree with you. I have found it hard to post my opinion without someone getting all pissed off. So I just forgive and forget. It's all we can do.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 11:03 PM on May. 9, 2009

• clapping

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:37 PM on May. 9, 2009

• There is a difference between having an opinion and forcing your unsolicited opinion on others.

Having an opinion on important issues (especially issues where our faith in God and adherence to his word would affect our opinion) is OK. Jesus also he despised those who are "lukewarm" ("I will spew them out of my mouth" he actually says!). Yes, we're not supposed to judge. However, if you're indifferent to something that God tells you is 100% WRONG, that's no good either.

You don't have to judge or hate another person. However, it is still OK to disagree with something. Almost everything, to a degree, is the next person's business. This is because almost everything we do affects another person. When you fear something someone does will affect society in a negative way, is it so wrong to say something about it?

The happy medium is learning to accept others and be able to share your opinions with God's love.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:03 AM on May. 10, 2009

NovemberLove, did you read this line in my original question?

If you don't invite me into your situation and ask me for my personal opinion then I am certainly not going to go giving it to any and everybody that crosses my path...

-OP

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Have you ever heard the phrase "You attract more bees with honey then vinegar?" Maybe, instead of coming right out and saying, I don't like this, and that is wrong, and you are all going to hell, you should try to SHOW us non-christians how we should be living our life. And let's look at this from the other direction. Would you like it if their was a law that said you coudn't marry the man you love because a certain religion thought it was wrong? Would you want someone telling you that it is wrong to gather together and worship god? I bet you wouldn't. So, why should we just sit by and listen to Christians say we are evil and going to hell, and not stand our ground for what we believe? I am just saying, if you feel the need to push your religion at me, expect to get mine pushed right back at you.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:32 AM on May. 10, 2009

• Spiritguide23, WHAT?!, did you not read my question??? It was actually about Christians NOT pushing our religion in YOUR face. How could that have offended you? I do show people how they should live by my actions, if they are not Christians and they care to learn then they are welcome to pay attention or even come to me and talk. My door is always open and so is my mind. As long as my personal beliefs are being respected, I will respect yours. Why do you seem so defensive? I wasn't trying to offend you. Were you responding to MY question?-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 10, 2009