What is a good family -friendly vacation spot on the East Coast?

javiandjaysmom

Asked by javiandjaysmom at 9:34 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Also, Hershey is only about 40 minutes from Lancaster. You could go to Hershey Park. In that area there is a zoo, a cave you can tour and the chocolate factory tour is free....just some other suggestions.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:46 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Lancaster County, PA
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:35 PM on May. 9, 2009

• i heard Ocen City is really nice. i know i 1 in Maryland and NJ
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 9:41 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I was going to say Lancaster or Hershey, PA
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:24 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I have been to Lancaster as a child. What is there to do? That is an Amish community? right? I always went to OC maryland as a child but it seems to draw in a younger crowd lately-maybe the one in NJ is better. Thanks for the tips! Any ideas further South. For anyone in the north my son loved this indoor waterpark in PA -I think it is called Kalahari-it's a little pricey but alot of fun for the whole family. Thanks again.
    javiandjaysmom

Answer by javiandjaysmom at 10:28 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Lancaster County is Amish Country. You could ride the Strasburg Train, it's pretty cool! Dutch Wonderland is an amusement park there. There are carriage rides....my father owns a horse stable in the area if you'd like to take a trail ride or pony rides for the kids. You could just do some research online about Lancaster County, there is more info there.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:45 PM on May. 9, 2009