I think I'm pregnant and don't know what to do

I had left my bf of almost 5yrs b/c recently he became physically abusive. Its only been 2 1/2 wks. I live at a shelter w/our 2 y/o. its ok b/c its an actual 2bdrm apt and i have 1 room mate. I wasn't working and now I'm getting help through the government since my ex controlled me and made sure i didn't work. The shelter is helping me transition into mw own place and get on my feet within 90days. ive been there 4days. Things are looking good for me, I'm in school for medical coding&billing, and medical transcription, i graduate in November. I was intimate w/my ex for the last time on the 21st of April, it was unprotected but i have a paragard IUD. I was supposed to get my period on Wed,Apr.8, on thur I went to the bathroom and saw brownish-red when I wiped so I used a tampon but there was no blood. On Friday when i went to the bathroom and wiped i saw light pinkish blood but it was a little, I used a tampon again and there

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cont.
    was no blood again when i removed it. I then saw a very light flow today but it is extremely light flow, and a light color. I track my period and now when i look back i see that the last time i had sex, if correct that was 1 of my 2most fertile days. i'm scared don't know what to do. Im trying to stick it out and wait to see if my period comes on for real. I usually cramp, but i'm not this month and this is the first time that my period has had any change in the last 2 1/2 years. I had a permanent restraining order against my ex granted thur, and I don't think i can handle another baby on my own, i haven't even gotten a chance to get on my feet with my son. I know i got into this situation by myself but I don't want to go back but if I am, I don't know if I'll be strong enough. I'm not getting any of his help and he's working and has his own place. What am i to do?
    Anonymous

• did you take a test?
    Anonymous

• No I haven't since today, my flow looked somewhat like i was starting my cycle I'm trying to see if it'll come on for real within the next day or two. I have one test from 7months ago and i have no financial assistance. i don't want to use it too early and then actually be pregnant and don't know.
    Anonymous

• More than likely it is just stress that is causing your period to be delayed. You have gone through a lot in the past few weeks and your body is trying to cope and adjust. Just hang in there. If your period doesn't come in the next few days, then I would take a pregnancy test.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:40 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'm hoping that I am stressed but since I left I've been the happiest ever. I don't feel stressed I'm not pulling my hair out so IDK.
    Anonymous

• If you are getting all of this government assistance. Can't they help you go to the doctor? I say it is better to know then to just speculate and worry. If you are you cannot send the baby back.. Unprotected sex yeilds consequences that we just have to deal with. I was in the same situation. I had a baby out of wed lock by a damn fool that I still cannot get out of my life. I say just pick up the pieces, be strong and be the proud mother of two wonderful children. Everything happens for a reason. You never know what type of blessing this child will bring to your life, despite how they come into the world. Give the child a chance to live, be a wonderful mother and keep that fool out of your life. Do not try to involve him in your life unless you know for sure he has done a complete 360. I implore you t make sure he has changed before even entertaining the thought of havng him back in your life. I regret involving mine again.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:50 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I'm gettin assistance in a shelter and getting a roof over my son&i head. They don't give me any money or groceries, and i'm pretty sure i'm not going to get a dr's appointment b/c i think i'm pregnant, I have to actually have proof. I already know what unprotected sex bring as i sadi earlier i got myself into this situation on my own, of course it also takes two to make a baby. but I was on a paraguard iud, and in an abusive relationship in which I was just able to leave. I called shelters for months until i could find one that had space. but before i got in i tried to please him as much as possible to avoid getting hit, so yes it included having sex with him when he wanted. And if i had family to go to when he first hit me i would of ran along time ago. And i know my baby would be a blessing if i am pregnant and i never said anything about ending its life. i don't believe in abortions. Yes, i am keeping it if I am. I just
    Anonymous

• eft and I am trying to stay out. Its hard enough to think that I'm going to make it on my own with 1, I want to think I'll be able to do it w/possibly 2. I just don't want to fold and run back to his financial security. Yes, he is being spiteful b/c i left him and got a restraing order on him for a yr. But as long as he doesn't abuse our son or expose him to any danger, i'll never deny him his son or push him out of our sons life or my unborn child's life no matter how half ass he wants to be. its only been 2 1/2 wks and if he comes around then he can be with his son anytime. No matter how many times he messes up. I just want to be in a state where i never feel like I'll need him, and for him to not even think to say I'll never make it w/o him. I'm feeling scared and insecure about raising 2kids on my own and I'm just starting out my life and branching on my own from a shelter.
    Anonymous