What are some good ways to lose weight and keep it off?

I'm 20 yrs old, 5'2, and since I had my baby I weigh 147....:( I have changed my eating habits, not drastically, but some and I've been walking but it doesn't want to come off. What are some good techniques to get it off and keep it off? Only healthy suggestions please. And I hate exercise by the way and don't have too much time with a 3 month old.

amyt89

Asked by amyt89 at 9:37 PM on May. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Walking is a great start. Not dieting, and changing to a healthy way of eating is the best for your health and the best example that you can set for your baby. First, drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day; if you are even the teenyist bit dehydrated, you can feel tired and droopy. Next, eat your fruits and vegetable; 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors. Third, replace your simple grains, or white foods, with whole grains; your rice should be brown rice, your bread should be whole grain, your pasta should be whole wheat etc.; work your way up to 7 servings of whole grains every day. Now, cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy; eat lots of beans, lentils and tofu instead.
    Feel free to contact me with any questions, and keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:01 PM on May. 9, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster.Your going to have to walk or do something.Pop the baby in the stroller and off you go.I lost ALL 47lbs of baby weight with this and eating a clean diet.No processed foods or sugar.Healthy eating is a lifestyle change.Focus on making things from scratch.
    Anonymous

• Another thing is TIME and PATIENCE.It takes 9months to put it on it may take 9 to take it off.Your body just went through a lot.Its better to lose it at a slow pace then to fast and it comes back on.Good luck!
    Anonymous

• many people have lost weight doing a whole body cleanse (all natural.. not a "diet pill" type thing) and keeping it off with leading a cleansing lifestyle. even if you dont need to lose weight, staying cleansed is great for your health. i can give you more info if you want
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 11:51 PM on May. 9, 2009

• The best ways to keep weight off are to do simple changes at a time. Start by doing something physical a few times a week, then move on to snacking on fruits and vegetables instead of chips and such, then cut out fast food and soda. As long as you make small changes gradually you will be a lot more successful than if you cut out everything at once. If you cut out everything at once you will be more tempted to "cheat" on your diet. Another good tip is to print pictures of your prebaby body, or even pictures of skinny moms that you are jealous of. Whenever I want to eat something seriously unhealthy I just look at some pics of my friends that recently had babies that are already in their prepregnancy clothes. My last tip is to check out "Cook Yourself Thin" It is a new show on lifetime that helps cut calories in your fav foods without losing the taste, the recipes are amazing!
    jamesnkevsmommy

Answer by jamesnkevsmommy at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2009